Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Reuniting of the 3 Amigos!

Last weekend marked the long awaited reunion of The 3 Amigos!

..no, not Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, & Martin Short.. I mean Jackson and his cousins Benny and Sara!

Here's a look at our weekend:
Friday Night
  • After (Brandon's) work, Brandon, Jax, & I went out for sushi--we found a Groupon for $15 off our order at Sushi Yume and figured we'd give it a try. The restaurant itself was really hip and hopping, but the food was awful (really mushy, not fresh). I felt really queasy the rest of the night and kept trying to throw up but wasn't able to.. yuck! Moral of the story: do your research before trying out a new sushi place. 
  • Brandon's sister (Britney) and her family arrived from Kansas a little after 10pm!
Pre-sushi
My guys.. how did I ever get so lucky?!
Saturday
  • Woke up and made cinnamon rolls with Benny.
  • Headed to the Butterfly Pavilion with the gang--I took many a field trip to the Butterfly Pavilion when I was in elementary school so it was fun to go back and watch our niece and nephew enjoy it! 
  • Home for naps and Casa Bonita pre-gaming (pre-gaming for Casa Bonita=watching the CB South Park episode).
  • Headed to Casa Bonita (I've talked about Casa Bonita before but in case you've never heard of it, it's basically the Disney Land of all Mexican restaurants that is famous for it's godawful food, cliff divers, puppet shows, and arcade).
  • Stood in line at Casa Bonita for over an hour (we went during "off hours," so the line wasn't as bad as it usually is), scrunched into a terrible section with no room for Jax's stroller or Sara's high chair, choked down the disgusting food so I could eat one of their surprisingly good sopapillas, found hair in sopapilla and teared up (I didn't realize there was a hair either until I took a bite and felt it in my mouth.. I ended up gagging it out into my cloth napkin..), walked around a bit, got incredibly stressed out by the insane crowd of people, and went home. Side note: if you ever go to Casa Bonita, be nice to your waitress--Casa Bonita seems like hell to work at and I saw so many people being rude to their servers. I've worked 3 different waitress jobs and it's hard, hard work so be kind and patient; having to wait 2 extra minutes for a Fancy Feast enchilada isn't going to hurt anyone. 
  • Came home, kicked back, and watched Frozen (love that movie!!). 
  • Bed.
Jax and Sara--I think they like each other!
Benny held Rosie (the tarantula)!
Our crew at Butterfly Pavilion.
My cheeky, sleeping prince; completely unaware of his surroundings.
Sunday
  • Slept in and ate eggs and bacon for breakfast. 
  • Walked to the park.
  • Lunch at Goodtimes (their new Tuscan chicken sandwich is amazing--and under 500 calories!).
  • Said goodbye to Britney, Joe, Benny, and Sara.
  • Cleaned & tidied up a bit.
  • Long nap with Jax. 
  • Queso & chips for supper.
  • Taken 2.
  • Bed.
And that was our weekend. It was very fun (even with the stress of Casa Bonita) and we had such a nice visit with family! How was your weekend? Do you have a Casa Bonita horror story? Tell me about it!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! My kids used to love to go to Casa Bonita, and you are right, it is the worst Mexican food in town, but the kids loved it. Sorry about the sushi. You had a rough weekend food wise. I'm not sure what area of town you live in, but we get sushi at Volcano's at Arapahoe and Havana. It's in Centennial. It sounds like you had fun with your family though.

    Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs