Friday, February 27, 2015

Give Thanks Friday

Another week is coming to a close so it's time to sit back and count my blessings from this week! This has actually been a really wonderful week (despite all the snow.. but I can't complain because we definitely need the moisture and we still haven't gotten anything like they're getting on the east coast) and I'm looking forward to beginning my birthday month on Sunday!

Again, if you're needing to put things into perspective or are looking for a little end of the week pick-me-up, I encourage you to sit down and jot down your biggest blessings from the week--we all have so much to be thankful for!

1.) Last Saturday, my guys and I spent the entire day thrifting around north Denver and it. was. perfection! We had a nice Burger Saturday lunch at Rock Bottom Brewery (their bourbonzola burger is kinda my jam), thrifted our little hearts out, and then miraculously made it home during the huge blizzard. It was such a fun day (despite almost being sideswiped by idiots who can't drive in the snow) and I can't wait to have more family weekends like it!

2.) I'm thankful to live in such an awesome city with so many hands on things to do with our son! We're used to going to the park every day but since it's been so cold and snowy, we haven't been able to--that being said, we've been taking full advantage of our (amazing) nearby library and toddler gym! Gotta wear out an active boy somehow!

3.) For Valentine's Day, Brandon gifted me a mother's necklace and it finally came in on Monday and I absolutely LOVE it--for now, the middle stone is my birthstone and the two outside ones are Jackson's. It's so beautiful and I haven't taken it off since the UPS guy dropped it off. 

4.) The best part of snowy weather? Lots and lots of baking/cooking (including this banana bread)!

5.) I'm thankful this week for new friends! Brandon and I have gone to dinner with one of his supervisors and his wife a few times now and have had a wonderful time! Last Sunday, we even had them over to watch the Oscars (have I ever mentioned that I'm an Oscars freak and make everyone fill out ballots?)! Speaking of Oscars, Brandon and I tied in our ballots this year which was really, really disappointing to me so we owed each other a back rub. 
 
Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs