Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I Think That 25 and I Are Gonna Be Friends..


I turned 25 less than a week ago and have already decided that I love it.. after all, having a great birthday week means you're guaranteed a great year, right?!

My actual birthday day was filled with Easter cookie baking, naps, and a delicious Hibachi dinner with my two favorite boys (Jackson enjoyed the experience for the most part -- minus the giant flames, which was to be expected). On Friday, Jackson and I worked around the house, ran a few errands, ran into our favorite neighbors at the park, and made marvelous maniconi for supper. It was a very relaxing couple of days which was perfect because..

..we began doing some front yard landscaping on Saturday! I don't want to share too many pictures yet (though I took a bunch to share down the road when our project is complete) but it already looks SO much better. My big job for the day was hauling yard waste from the front to the back and that was flat out exhausting -- Brandon did way more of the "heavy lifting" than I and somehow managed to find the energy to take me on our special birthday date!

After dropping Jackson off at his Great Aunt Nancy & Uncle Rolf's, Brandon and I headed to Cherry Creek to take a couples cooking class at Sur La Table. The kitchen (pictured) was amazing, the food was delicious, and we learned how to prepare a 3-course Parisian meal. The class itself was fun but Brandon and I both decided we would have preferred something a little more private (we had to partner up with another couple which was super intimidating considering they'd taken one of these classes before and had mastered several of the techniques). Despite having to partner up and be social (ha), the class was a ton of fun and I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a unique date night. 

25 has definitely started off on the right foot and I'm excited to see what the year has in store for our family. As always, thanks for visiting my little corner of the internet -- it truly does mean the world to me!

1 comment:

  1. Twenty five has been a pretty good year to me too, although I have a hard time saying I'm in my mid-twenties instead of early-twenties, but that's just because I forget. Love seeing your Jackson pictures :) And, if I can ever get my act together, he'll be getting something in the mail from Quinn ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs