Monday, June 22, 2015

Jackson's 18 Month Update

It's official: my (not so) baby is closer to being 2 than he is 1 *inserts all the sad face/broken heart emojis* While I miss my floppy, bright eyed newborn, I gotta admit that I'm pretty crazy about my sturdy, bright eyed toddler! I can't get over how smart, funny, and adorable this little guy is -- thank you God for giving him to Brandon and me!!

Here's what we've been up to this month:
Jackson with his cousins and Great Grandpa over Memorial Day weekend
Weight: 20 lbs. 9 oz.

Length: 31.5 inches

Nicknames: Jax, Babies, Bubbies, Tinkies, Jaxie

Wearing: Some 12 month clothes but mostly 18 (18 month shirts fit pretty well but the pants are still way too long); Size 3 diapers

Sleep: I've come to terms with the fact that this kid just isn't a good sleeper (unless he's in our bed with his foot in my face).. Brandon and I kid that Jax is our little "learning curve" baby, but it's so true! We definitely know that with baby #2 (when, God willing, that happens), we WILL be crib training from the get go and WILL NOT be allowing him/her to sleep in our bed for the first year.

Jax likes: Walking, running, running away from mommy at the grocery store, phones, playing outside, playing at the library, when Grammy & Grandpa come to visit, his new hat, older kids, Bella, reading, classes at the library, pulling out the catch bed, shaking everyone's hands, doing the hand motions to "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Patty Cake", sweets, carrying things around the house, his "new" racetrack

Jax dislikes: Being cooped up (or immobile) for too long, having to share, being told no, waking up alone, having to come inside, when mommy takes his popcicle from him because it has two daddy-longlegs on it

Food: We are down to only nursing before nap & bed (yay!) -- his favorite foods are still Honey Greek yogurt, Belvita biscuits, chicken nuggets, breads of any kind, peanut butter, crackers of any kind, fruit/veggie pouches, any kind of bean, cheese, veggie noodles with melted mozzarella, spicy anything (like mom), and sweets in general.

Teeth: it's hard to get a good look (because he won't let me), but I'm guessing he has about 12 now, including a few molars!

Happenings: Visiting family in Kansas; toddler time at the library; lots of playing at the park/in the backyard; 7th haircut; visits to Grammy & Grandpas; Kansas family visits; first babysitter at our house (while mommy and daddy went on a day date); 3rd Rockies game; Grammy & Grandpa visits; lots of weekend garage sales; and daddy's 2nd Father's Day. 

~Holy cow this kid is hammy (I wonder where he gets it?) and loves to show off, pretend to take selfies, and ham it up around other kids! 

Yes; he wears this outfit multiple times a week #cantstopwontstop
~We have a big talker (which is so surprising, considering Brandon and I are so quiet and reserved :D)! He jabbers all the time and is constantly acting like he's trying to tell us something very important. His "real" words are dada, mama, ella (Bella), ba (boo), nah, yah, la la loo (I love you -- sweetest thing ever!), and hi. 

I credit the little munchkin on the left for teaching her cousin to walk/run
~We have a FULL BLOWN walker now! The minute I published his 17-month update (saying he just barely walked), he took off! 

~Jax went back and forth between using his right and left hands for awhile, and now he seems to be a full-blown lefty (which is funny because Brandon and I are both righties, but Brandon's dad and sister are both ambidextrous).. We'll see if he sticks with it!

Jax with my Aunt Heidi and her grandson, Gibson, at Jax's 1st birthday party last December
~I don't know where he picked it up, but Jax's new thing is shaking everyone's hand. On Saturday, we bumped into my Uncle Steve, Aunt Heidi, her son, and grandson (Gibson), and as soon as Jax saw him, he got the biggest smile on his face, ran over to him, grabbed his hand, and started who shake it! What 18-month-old does that?! Too funny! Moments later, they started fighting over a bucket.. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs