Sunday, January 17, 2016

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

...turn and face the strange! ~ R.I.P. David Bowie ~

Last weekend brought a big change to the Sandmeier home...

...Jackson now has his own "big boy" bed!

As I've stated time and time again, Jackson absolutely hated his crib (which was our fault, considering we didn't make him start sleeping in it until after he turned one) and had recently started sleeping with us again, which wasn't working for anyone. After a little deliberation, Brandon and I decided that maybe he would do better in an actual bed and took my parent's twin-size mattress out of storage.

Almost immediately after deciding this, the (carpentry) wheels in Brandon's head began to turn and he made it his mission to build Jackson a custom frame.
A little sneak peek! 
Brandon worked all weekend long on an awesome frame for Jax's bed, which he plans to stain and complete by next weekend -- so check back next to see the finished product, as well as the looooooooooong awaited reveal of Jax's room (that I've been teasing for about 6 months now)!
I'm not sure why I was so emotional over the crib being taken apart... Jackson hardly ever slept in it!
Since Jackson's bed won't be finished for another week, we set up a temporary frame (and removable mesh rail) to get him used to sleeping in his bed. Saturday night was his first night and he actually did better than we'd expected. (Needless to say, he was pretty wound up over his new bed and just wanted to jump/play in it, but once I was able to get him to lay down with me, he was out and slept alone until 4:30, when he woke up screaming... at that point, I was still asleep and brought him into bed with us. #babysteps)

Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs