Monday, May 5, 2014

Sicko

Hey.

Remember me?

I apologize for my absence last week--it was definitely a chaotic week for the Sand clan! I'll do a little week/end recap tomorrow but for now, I'd like to share with you the moment I've been dreading since becoming a mom..

..I became sick.. on a weekday (last Monday).. while Brandon was at work and it was just Jax and me.

I woke up early Monday morning feeling a little queasy but just ignored it, wrote it off as being hungry, cuddled up with Jack, and fell back asleep. It wasn't until I got up to change Jax's diaper and get him dressed when I realized something wasn't right; I felt incredibly nauseous, chilly, achy, and just plain blah. 

I still don't know what I had but it felt an awful lot like the flu and it. was. miserable.
Scary mommy.
Lucky for me, Jax was a total trooper the entire day and played on his mat and watched PBS cartoons (which was rare treat for him--I typically try to keep TV to a minimum) while I laid on the couch and drifted in and out of death.

One scary part of the day for me was when Jax was sleeping and I was freezing and decided to take a hot shower--I hadn't eaten anything that day (nothing sounded good) and continued to nurse Jax which led to major lightheadedness and nearly passing out in the shower. Once I stumbled out of the shower and laid down to catch my breath, I force fed myself some chicken soup (which my brother was nice enough to bring me; thanks Joey!) and waited for Brandon to arrive home.

At around 8:30, I was still feeling really weak (and paranoid that I wasn't producing enough to feed Jax) so Brandon ran out to get me a smoothie and it was almost immediately after that when I began feeling better. By 10pm, my fever was broken and I was ready to sleep.. and sleep I did.

I woke up the next morning feeling 100% and boy was I happy--Jax and I spent the day reading, playing, cuddling, and making up for lost time!

Hooray for chicken soup, healing smoothies, and footie pajamas!

How was your week? Hope y'all are happy and healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs