Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Baby's 1st Baseball Game

Last Friday during nap time, I started feeling a little summer feverish.. do you ever feel that way?

Yes?

Do you know what the cure for summer fever is?

It's baseball!

Once I got the itch, I knew what needed to be done..

..Stubhub.com*. Pronto.

I was able to score some pretty decent seats for Saturday's game for $14 a pop and couldn't be more excited--our little Jackson was going to attend his first sporting event!

I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.
We packed for every single scenario possible.. after all, this is Colorado (and Jax)!
We had a nice police officer take a family picture for us (Jax was too busy people watching to look at the camera).
That helmet was actually my brother's when he was a baby!
Jax pretty much wanted nothing to do with the game--I think all of the people, sounds, smells, etc., was a little overwhelming for him so we didn't stay for the whole game. Brandon and I took turns walking around the field with him.
I hardly drink anymore but decided to get a beer at the game--I had a pretty good buzz going after just one and had to ask Brandon if I was hallucinating or if Sasquatch was really sitting behind us. Luckily, he was (they were doing a promo for Jack Link's Beef Jerky).
Jax and I decided to go stand in line to meet Dinger, the Rockies mascot. Dinger had to be on the field during the 4th inning (right as we got to the front of the line) but they still let us get our picture and autograph! Dinger was very nice and allowed Jax to continue napping :)
Memory box souvenirs!
Besides the torrential downpour during the first pitch, it was the perfect night for a game!
It was a little stressful and overwhelming but I'm glad we got to go and take Jax (though we will probably wait until he's a little older to go again)! We had such a fun time and even bumped into one of my friends who I haven't seen in a few years. Attending the game was definitely the cure I needed for my summer fever! 

*Stubhub has no idea who I am and is not sponsoring this post in any way.. I buy from them because their Ticket Oak commercials are my fave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs