Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Surprise Baby Shower!

If you read my bumpdate from yesterday, you know that my sweet sister-in-law, Britney, threw me a surprise baby shower over the weekend. I'm so excited to share the pictures/details with you so I'm going to quit my rambling and get started!

Sunday afternoon (after surprising Brandon's dad with a cake and presents for his 50th), a few of us girls went to the jewelry store to get our rings cleaned--Britney is the floor manager at a jewelry store and that's where all of us got our wedding rings and to keep up with the warranty, we have to have the rings inspected/cleaned every 6 months. We spent nearly an hour and a half perusing the jewelry store and shopping around the mall before our rings were ready and as soon as we were finished, we started heading back to Britney's house.
Why I shouldn't be allowed in jewelry stores.
When we arrived back at the house, I noticed a few blue balloons and decorations hanging up in the dining room but didn't think a whole lot about it because I figured they were for Bryan's (Brandon's dad) birthday. But as I stood there talking to Brandon, it dawned on me that Val's (Brandon's step-mom) mom, sister, and niece were all sitting in the dining room, too. So I said hello to everyone, took one more look at the blue balloons and it finally dawned on me what was happening..

..we were going to have a baby shower for Baby Sand! 

I was so surprised and excited!
A few of the decorations--Mamma Nancy (Brandon's mom) stayed back and decorated/set up while we were at the jewelry store!
Britney did such an awesome job with organizing everything! We played several fun games including:
the "Don't say the word 'baby' or lose your necklace" game (which Aunt Debbie won--she's too good!)
Guess the number of clothespins (I believe Val's mom won that one?)
Guess the size of the bump (Mamma Nancy won)
The melted candy bar/diaper game (Val won)
and
Who can make the best looking baby out of Play-Doh (Aunt Debbie won)
Babes with their Play-Doh Babes!
Debbie's winning baby.
Whenever somebody won a game, they got to pick something out of the bowl for Baby Sand--we got some really nice bottles, bath accessories, diaper cream, pacifiers, and more!
Oh my goodness--we received sooooo many beautiful and wonderful gifts for the baby including clothes, frames, books, money (for the savings account I'm setting up this week!), CDs, a vintage buggy, toys, a ceiling projector, photo album, bath time essentials, blankets, diapers, and more! What a blessing to have such a thoughtful and generous family!
Cute (and delish) cake!
I know I say this all the time, but I am so utterly humbled and overwhelmed by how wonderful our families are--I really couldn't have asked for better group to marry into (or to be born into, in the case of my family)! 
It makes me absolutely giddy inside to think of how loved this little baby is and how lucky he is to have such incredible family and friends. God has truly blessed us!

What a perfect weekend!
A few randoms from over the weekend
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome Annie!! You're so lucky to have your family so close! Hope you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs