Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Crossroads

A couple weekends ago, we had the pleasure of meeting an old friend of mine and her family for lunch. I hadn't seen Julianne in over five years and was thrilled to hear that she, her hubby, and little boy (who is only a few months older than Jax) would be vacationing in Colorado.

After meeting Julianne's husband and son and introducing my guys, we sat down and began to catch up. It wasn't 5 minutes after we started talking that Julianne and I looked at each other and said "This is so weird.. when did we grow up?" We then started reminiscing about the last time we'd seen each other and how both of our lives have dramatically changed since then.

The last time Julianne and I saw each other was in 2009; I was working at a job I hated, had problems with my personal life, and wasn't happy attending school at Colorado State University. Julianne had just graduated high school and was deciding where to go and what to do next and was facing several of the same challenges.

We were both at a crossroads and had big life decisions that needed to be made.

I won't get into too much detail about what decisions needed to be made in our lives but I will say that we have both grown up and changed dramatically since that day in 2009.

We're much happier people now.

We're where we need to be and we're with the people we need to be with.

It's funny how God works these things out for us, isn't it?

If you're reading this right now and are having to make big life decisions, take a step back, breathe deeply, and give your worries and stresses to God--He has a plan and knows what's in store for you! It might be hard to see and understand right now but He's got your back.

He definitely took care of both Julianne and me!
2008 ~ 2014
The sweetest boys in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs