Monday, August 11, 2014

5 Things

1.) While you read this, Jax and I are taking Bitsy to have dental surgery :( As I mentioned on Wednesday, Bitsy has been sporting (what we thought was) a weird snaggle tooth--she isn't able to close her mouth all the way and acts like she's in pain. Anyway, we took her to the vet and they noticed her gums were really inflamed and that her "snaggle tooth" was really a bottom canine sticking up and poking a huge hole in her upper lip. Poor baby!

The vet gave us a huge scare when he mentioned this being a common indicator of feline AIDS (FIV) but luckily (for lack of a better word), it's only a bad case of gingivitis. We scheduled her surgery for Friday and took her home to get some rest and spoiling. Later that day, I received an email from the veterinary clinic with an estimate of surgery costs.. they estimated anywhere between $600-$1,200 to remove her tooth.

WHAT?!

I called the vet assistant and she explained the procedure and why there is such a huge margin so I went along with it and inquired about payment plans.. she then notified me that we had to pay it all up front. *Cue Annie passing out* Fortunately, we have a pretty decent savings but the timing is terrible because we're in the middle of house hunting (more on that another time); there's no doubt that Bitsy needed to have this painful tooth removed and treated but there had to be another way.

My mom suggested calling their vet and seeing if she could perform the surgery--I called first thing Thursday morning and sure enough, she said they could perform the surgery Monday morning for a fraction of the price.

WHEW!!

It takes about an hour and a half to get to my hometown so Jax, Bits, and I are heading out at 7 this morning in hopes of avoiding Monday morning rush hour traffic. Please say a little prayer for our Bitsy today--she's our other child and is very special to our family!
Our girl
2.) It's beginning to feel a lot like FALL! The Broncos had their first pre-season game on Thursday (I made Mexican food--it's a tradition in the Wernsman family to eat nachos during the Broncos first game and I fully intend on continuing this with my family!), I saw/heard my first crow, and all the stores have their fall decor on display. BRING ON THE PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!
Waiting for Brandon to arrive home from work--Joey came over to watch the game with us!
3.) We'll be traveling a bunch this month and I'm so excited! My mom, Jax, and I are going to visit family in Kansas later this week and then Brandon, Jax, and I will be flying to Knoxville to visit Brandon's dad & step-mamma later this month (Baby's 1st flight--pray for us!). Busy, busy, busy! 

4.) My little baby is looking and acting more like a little boy every single day.. I hate that he's growing up so quickly but am loving this fun discovery stage that he's in right now!
Almost crawling, eating big boy food, and sitting up all by himself!
5.) Keeping with the theme of Jackson growing up.. I have basically planned all of Jax's 1st birthday party! I can't wait to start getting decor, food, invites, and what not together and pray we'll be moved by December (there's NO WAY we can host a birthday party in our tiny, cluttered apartment). You can visit my Pinterest board for a little taste of his "Oh What Fun; Jackson's Turning One!" Winter Wonderland birthday party.

Have a fabulous Monday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. HOLY CRAP! Thats soooo expensive for an animal dental surgery - I was going to suggest taking him to a vet school (They have one at my husbands dental school) because they could do it for cheap. Glad you found a place that would do it for a fraction of the cost. Our puppy is my 'first born' so I wouldn't think twice (but would shudder at the cost).
    Headed to check out your pinterest board for the party now! EEEk!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs