Friday, August 22, 2014

Jackson's 8 Month Update

I feel like my baby grew into a little boy over this last month..

..and I don't like it!

Jackson continues to grow and amaze both Brandon and me--I know I say it every month, but Jax is seriously the perfect baby and is always so happy, laid back, and sweet! He's such a joy to be around and I thank God every day for giving us our little guy.

Here's what our boy has been up to this month:
Laying down? Ain't nobody got time for that!
I have a feeling that this is going to be as good as it gets (in terms of our monthly pictures) from here on out..
Weight: 19.5 lbs. (taken on bathroom scale)

Length: 30 inches (75%)

Nicknames: Jax, Bubbas, Fun Size Brandon, Jacksie

Wearing: Mostly 9 Month clothes & Size 3 diapers.

Sleep: Still co-sleeping; still sleeping well (9-11 hours per night, 2-3 hour nap every afternoon).

Jax likes: Bitsy, other babies, army crawling, kicking, socializing, playing, when daddy comes home from work, stuffed animals, sink baths, his new "big boy" car seat, showing off, eating grown up foods, smiling and talking to everyone, sitting up in the cart or high chair, being interacted with, story time, play group, our daily walks, Facetime (he begins to squeal whenever he hears it ring), and getting into things he isn't supposed to.

Jax dislikes: Being left alone for too long, feeling tired, when nobody sits in the backseat with him during long car rides, being hungry, sitting in one place for too long, and when mommy or daddy move him away from cords or other dangerous items.

Food: This kid loves his food and is turning into a really good little eater! I try giving him a little bit of whatever we're eating and so far he loves Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, sweet peas, avocado, bread, crackers of any kind, bananas, eggs, pancakes, dumplings, etc. I'm hoping to cut down on our nursing sessions after we return home from our Labor Day vacation.

Mom & Dad's Favorite Things: How funny & happy he always is, his laughs, how curious he is, and watching him discover the world around him. 

Teeth: Still nothing (but it sounds like that isn't necessarily a bad thing?)!

Happenings: First (of hopefully many) Taco Tuesday with Great Aunt Nancy & Marlys; first Heritage Festival; Several visits to Grammy & Papa Tony's house; House hunting; Bitsy's surgery; Kansas trip; and first time mini golfing w/mom & dad.

~I took our little social butterfly to his first playgroup on Wednesday morning and he LOVED it! He enjoyed laying in the middle of the room, chewing on a toy, and watching all the kids run and play around him. He was the youngest one there (by exactly a month) and was still the loudest.. he's definitely my son. 

~As I mentioned earlier, Jackson is quite the little eater and likes just about anything we give him (I wonder how long that will last?). He surprised me on our KS trip though when he downed a few peppernuts and a bunch of applesauce salad (which has crushed red hots in it)-- Kid likes his spicy foods! Fun fact: The night before Jax was born, I had chicken nachos with extra jalapenos and fire salsa in an effort to induce labor.. contractions started 4 hours later. Maybe that has something to do with his love of spice?

~Jax has learned a lot of new tricks over the last month including the army crawl (which he's mastered), almost clapping, picking up food/feeding himself, giving kisses, and knowing the meaning of certain words (Jackson, Jax, kitty, kisses, and eat). I can't wait to see what this month has in store for us! 

 ~It's hard to tell in these pictures, but Jax's eyebrows look like they're coming in red.. we'll see if he's a little ginger baby (which he'd get from my mom's side of the family--my Grandpa Kasten was a redhead and so is my Aunt Judy)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs