Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Chocolate Chip Banana Pumpkin Bread

Hello.

My name is Annie and I am a pumpkin-a-holic.

Whew! That feels good to get off my chest.

I didn't realize I had such a problem until last weekend when my brother pointed it out.. my family was visiting and I offered them my homemade pumpkin muffins, Trader Joe's pumpkin croissants, Pumpkin Spice Oreos, Pumpkin Ale, and Pumpkin Chai Lattes (all while my pumpkin candle is burning on the counter).

"What is it with you and pumpkin? You have a problem." -Joey (my bro-ey)

He's right.. I do have a problem.

Buuuuut, my addiction benefits YOU because I start messing around in the kitchen and adding pumpkin to everything and creating delicious treats!

Case in point: this moist, delicious, and simple to make Chocolate Chip Banana Pumpkin Bread.

I found this recipe for banana bread and added my beloved pumpkin and chocolate.. and you know what?

It's AMAZING!

Chocolate Chip Banana Pumpkin Bread

 Anngredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 medium ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree 
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. To make the batter, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together, and set aside. In the bottom of a medium bowl, mash bananas into a chunky paste. Whisk the melted butter, sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla into the bananas until blended.
  3. Switch to a large rubber spatula. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, stirring gently until they disappear and the batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips
  4. Pour batter bread pan, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. 
  5. Let bread completely cool before serving.
Serve with hot coffee & a swipe or two of butter and you're set to go! Enjoy

Random side note: Did you know that you can bake peeled bananas in the oven to drastically speed up their ripening?! I found that out on Jilllee's blog and it works like a charm! I will never again have to wait to get my banana bread fix.. yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs