Monday, January 5, 2015

The Cotton Anniversary

Two years ago today, I met the man of my dreams at the end of the aisle, pledged my life to him in front of God and all our loved ones, slow danced with him to Make You Feel My Love by Adele, and became a Mrs.

Since that cold day in January, my life has never been the same.

To be completely honest, it feels like we've been married waaaaaaay longer than two years (and I don't mean that in a snarky way). We've lived in 4 different places, had a baby, changed jobs, bought a house, moved out of state, received promotions, started a business, taken several vacations, filmed a TV show, made new friends.. that's a lot crammed into two short years!

For those of you who don't know the story of how Brandon and I met, here's a very, very brief synopsis (you can read the full version here): Brandon was on his two week leave from Afghanistan and ended up coming to Hays (where I'd just moved in with one of his good friends) a day early to hang out with friends--we ended up hitting it off and stayed up all night talking and laughing. When he returned to Afghanistan a week later, we stayed in touch and began "officially dating" when he returned home a few months later.

Brandon: I'm so glad you decided to come to Hays a day early back in September of 2010! I can't imagine my life without you and thank God every day for such a loving, hard working, funny, handsome, smart, and loyal husband. Thank you so much for loving me unconditionally through all the good times and bad, for always going along with my shenanigans, and for being the best daddy ever to our son. Each day I spend with you is better than the last and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life loving you.

I'll be back tomorrow with a recap of our fun anniversary celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs