Thursday, January 8, 2015

Jackson's Winter One-derland 1st Birthday Party

As many of you know, our little munchkin turned 1 on December 22nd.

As many of you also know, I am obsessed with all things Christmas so I knew the day that Jax was born that I wanted to have a Christmas themed first birthday party! So I began scheming.. and planning.. and Pinning..

I'll go ahead and let the rest of the pictures do the talking:
When I found these invites on Etsy, I knew I'd found the one--doesn't that little boy kinda even look like Jackson?! I think the personalized .pdf file cost $10 and then I had them printed via Shutterfly for next to nothing.
The best part of throwing a Christmas/Winter themed birthday party? The house is already decorated. #boom
I kept the spread as simple as possible by doing all my baking (& freezing) weeks in advance and by buying the cake and snack trays.
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Snowman Scene Cookies courtesy of the crazy talented Prudy

Boxed brownie mix+canned cream cheese icing+crushed candy cane=This little slice of fattening heaven
Snowflake boxes from the Oriental Trading Company (taking home some of the treats were our party favors!).
I placed a red tablecloth over the oven and set up a hot chocolate bar.
See those adorable straws behind the mint chocolate sticks? I got them at the Dollar Tree (LOVE that place)!
A Nothing Bundt Cake Bundtlette for the smash cake.
We invited close friends and family to the birthday party and Jackson had such a fun time running around, playing with his friends, and being the center of attention.
This kid and his Uncle Joey (my "little" brother)..
He LOVED having everyone sing "Happy Birthday"!

Thank you so much to everyone who made Jax's big day so special--we will never forget everyone's kindness and love that they showed our little guy!
Pure joy.
P.S. When Jax gets a little older and has more of his friends over for birthday parties, we're decorating ornaments and cookies! I better get back to Pinning..

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs