Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Evolution of New Years

Happy 2015!

Wow.. that feels really, really weird to type.

I hope you all had a fun and fabulous NYE and that your new year is off to an equally good start. Our New Years was pretty laid back which got me thinking about our past NYEs and how much things have changed in 3 short years.

Let's take a brief walk down memory lane..
December 31, 2012
 
 

With less than a week to go until our wedding, we were young, wild, and free (ha)! Our NYE consisted of dinner/drinks with friends, bar hopping, darts, champagne toasts, and returning home after 2am. 

December 31, 2013
 
 

After getting no sleep the night before (thanks to our sweet little one-week-old), we just took it easy and spent the day with Brandon's sister and kids, took pictures, ate Wendy's, and went to sleep a little before 9pm. Jackson woke me up a little after 1am to nurse and then proceeded to both pee and poop on me. Happy New Year!

December 31, 2014

This year was the most exciting NYE yet--I managed to set off the smoke detectors 5 times while making French Toast, sat completely still during The Young and the Restless so hurting teething boy could nap on me, begged my brother to come over and jump start my car, got said car jumped, grocery/anniversary shopped, made a Mexican feast for dinner, read a mag on my tab, and fell asleep before midnight (Brandon had to be to work at 5am so we called it an early night).

There's part of me that feels a little sad/lame that we didn't do much for NYE (the goings on in LoDo looked awful fun!) but I know there will be a day when Jackson will want to spend New Years with his friends instead of his awesome parents (which is hard to believe, I know!), so heading downtown with my good lookin' hubby is something that I can look forward to when that time comes.. In the meantime, I plan to avoid these whopping 5 degree New Years Eve temps by cuddling up in bed with a good book!

I hope that you and yours have a wonderful 2015--as always, thanks for hanging with me in my little corner of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs