Monday, December 28, 2015

On The First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me...

Merry Christmas, everyone!

(Yes, I do realize that Christmas Day was Friday, but technically it's still the Christmas season, so I'll continue to say it!)

Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful day filled with good tidings, good food, and good company -- we sure did! As I have stated in years past, Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the entire year... I love the anticipation, the standing room only church services, visiting with family, wearing crowns, staying the night at my aunt's house, opening stockings, eating way too many finger foods, and bawling like a baby at the end of "It's a Wonderful Life." This Christmas Eve certainly did not disappoint!
Jackson with his Grammy (left) and Great Aunt Nancy.
Christmas doesn't begin until the poppers have been popped and the crowns are being worn! 
Since 2009, my Aunt Nancy and I have taken our traditional Christmas Eve crown pic! 

We were all extremely blessed this Christmas Eve -- between the beautiful message at church, homemade meatballs & prosciutto pinwheels for dinner, stocking stuffers, and lots of laughter, it was the perfect evening! 

This year, my parents stayed at a nearby hotel Christmas Eve night, and when they arrived back early the next morning, we began the traditional Christmas festivities: breakfast (this year I made these sticky buns), gifts, naps, dinner (prime rib this year -- so good!), and lots of relaxing/visiting.
Santa surprised Jax with an easel and a new art set!
Jax wasn't feeling very well the entire time we were there and messed with his teeth/threw up once... LOTS more on that tomorrow. 
Cheers!
I am so sad to see this time of the year coming to a close, but am so looking forward to another (hopefully) awesome year! I hope that you and yours all had a wonderful Christmas! I will be back here tomorrow to tell you about our second day of Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs