Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Wedding Details

I am FINALLY getting around to posting a few of my favorite wedding details.

Since we're so cheap thrifty, wedding was completely DIY--and it was perfect!

Here are three of my favorite details from the wedding:

I wrapped ALL of our dinner silverware. It took awhile (try 6 hours to roll 150), but I was pleased with the outcome. 
I used red (one of our wedding colors) yarn to tie with--it looked really cute and added a little personal touch to dinner.
I got all of my wonderful girls a personalized card to go with the necklace and earrings I gave them at the rehearsal dinner. I had such a fun time deciding which pictures to use and they really got a kick out of it.  Warning: this may lead to A LOT of reminiscing on some things you'd rather forget (like the terrible full bangs you had for 21 years..)! Check out Snapfish or another online picture site for deals on personalized cards (I only had to pay shipping for mine)!
Add something to the base of your bouquet in honor and memory of those who are no longer with us. I attached one of my Grandma Velora's red cardinal earrings, my Grandma Mitz's butterfly broach and one of B's Great Grandma Minnie's blue earrings. It was so special to me that I got to incorporate all three of them into my special day. It made me feel a sense of closeness to them. 
We haven't gotten the professional pictures back yet so I don't have any clear ones of the bouquet but here are a few ceremony pics that some friends took. 

7 comments:

  1. Your dress was stunning and I love the DIY touches!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last picture! You two look soooo happy!
    6 hours of rolling silverware...got me singing, they see me rolling, they hating...yea, that happened and now it's on repeat in my head! haha!
    Anyways, got the goosebumps reading about your grandmother's jewelry. Such an awesome way to have them be a part of your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! You look so gorgeous and happy! The silverware rolling was a lot of work, but they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bride you made. The details look wonderful, 6 hours go you. May you have a happy and fulfilling marriage. Nice job with you wedding xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the addition of your Grandmothers jewelry to your bouquet, what a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you use grandmas jewelry. Such a special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the detail in the bouquet. We found you via Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs