Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Finding Out/Telling Brandon I'm Pregnant (Video)

I have been wanting to tell this story for awhile now but I've been waiting for the right time and for the right words.. It's finally time.

Brandon and I had talked a lot about when we wanted to start trying for a family but we could never really agree on the "right" time--I was thinking around 30 (which would put Brandon at 34, which he wasn't too keen on) and Brandon was thinking in the next year or two (which I wasn't too sure about) so we decided to just pray about it and let the timing work itself out.

The timing ended up working itself out to where we were pregnant less than 4 months after getting married. And you know what? That was perfect.

The day we found out was Monday, April 29th.

My mom and Auntie Sharon had been out visiting that weekend and I just felt off the entire time. We went out to lunch on Saturday and the thought of ordering a margarita with them made my stomach turn (the sight of any sort of hamburger or meat wasn't helping much either). I was supposed to be getting my period the next day so I just wrote it off as PMS.
Lunch with the girls (I was posing with Auntie Sharon's margarita)!
Well, my period didn't make it's appearance on Sunday. My periods had been pretty irregular so I didn't think a whole lot about it but in the back of my mind I wondered..

On Monday morning I woke up feeling pretty upbeat and energized so I thought I'd walk to the post office to mail a few letters/bills we had (I had fractured my back about 3 weeks beforehand but I felt good and had my brace on and was ready to do something!)--terrible idea. The post office is a good 2 1/2 miles from our house and I hadn't walked in awhile because of my back so it took me a long time to get there and back--boy, I knew I hadn't walked in awhile but I couldn't believe how winded I was getting.. was I that out of shape?!

I returned home from my 5-mile walk tired and sweaty and ready for a shower. As I was getting out of my nasty workout clothes, I looked down and noticed that something was a little off with the "girls" (and by a little off, I mean they were suddenly fuller and had a few other noticeable differences). It was at that very moment I knew.

Quickly I took a shower, changed into clean clothes, threw my wet hair up in a ponytail and drove to the store for some pregnancy tests. I couldn't stop smiling on the way over; I just knew I was pregnant. I made record time to/from the store (chugging water all the way) and arrived home with a full bladder and an anxious heart.

I took the first test, set it on the bathroom counter, walked to the kitchen to find something to do while I waited, stayed away for about 10 seconds and ran back to the bathroom to discover the two solid lines I was so hoping for.

I was pregnant.

Words cannot even begin to describe how I felt at that very moment. I laughed, cried, jumped up and down, prayed, and called Jen (I HAD to tell my best friend!). After hanging up with Jen, I called the doctor to see if I could get in for a blood test later that day--the only appointment they had available was at 3:50 (10 minutes before Brandon got off work). I knew I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't see a doctor that day so I made the appointment.

The next big thing was deciding how to tell Brandon.. telling my husband we're expecting a baby is something I've dreamed about my entire life and I wanted it to be perfect. So I ran to Wal-Mart, picked up a University of Kansas (Brandon's team) onesie and hid it in a shoebox.
Babies first outfit :)
My plan was to give the box to Brandon, tell him I was making him something for the upcoming KU basketball season and let him open it. It was finally time for my doctors appointment (the longest 2-hour wait of my life) where I peed in a cup, got poked with a couple needles and had it confirmed that sure enough I was pregnant! It was time to go home and tell my husband that we were going to be parents.

I have never been so nervous/excited/scared/ecstatic as I was at this moment.

The words didn't come out quite the way I wanted them to and my "inconspicuous" camera work is pretty botched but I couldn't have asked for a more perfect moment. We hugged, laughed, cried and just talked for the rest of the night (and went out for dinner to celebrate). Our lives changed forever on April 29th.

I don't think I have ever said when I'm due.. January 5th (our one year wedding anniversary, go figure!). God's timing never ceases to amaze me and I'm so happy and excited to be embarking on this new adventure.

As always, thank you for listening to my story and for inviting me into your homes each and everyday--It's a blessing to have you all along for this crazy adventure called life :)

Party, Party, I like to Party

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Loved reading this and watching the video! So adorable to see both of your excitement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely loved reading this, my friend! We need to meet up sometime now that I'm living in CO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually teared up watching that. So sweet! Love the look on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!!! Congrats! So so happy for you. Yes, God really does know best-- none of my kids were born/conceived when I planned-- but looking back they were all at just the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh how sweet is this?! I totally teared up! His face is priceless! I am so happy for you two! I wish I had had the forethought to get James a gift like that! I just text him a pic of the stick and said "Holy s%*@ I think its really happening!"
    So stoked for you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! im so glad u shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that you got it on camera!!!!!!!!!! Precious precious!! Your voice is so cute too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie! That video made me cry! so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too! I totally smiled and cried when he guessed you were pregnant!! How neat that you get to relive that moment over and over and share it with your little one! Congratulations friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs