Thursday, July 25, 2013

"New Mama" Lasagna

Oh my gosh.. am I actually posting a recipe on my cooking blog?

Finally?!

After how long?!

Yes. Yes I am!

I made this really, really yummy lasagna the other night and I have to share the recipe--it's seriously the easiest thing ever to make! The reason I call it my "New Mama Lasagna" is because as I was preparing it, I started thinking about some simple make ahead meals that I can have premade and ready to go come January when we bring Baby home (I have a feeling that my crockpot and I are going to be BFFs); this is definitely one of those recipes! You can make this lasagna ahead of time, refrigerate it and pop it in the oven when you're ready to eat. 

Bon Appétit!
Anngredients:
  • 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 (32 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 24 oz. fat free cottage cheese
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 12 lasagna noodles (I use the no-boil ones to save time)
  • 1 tsp. rosemary 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Brown ground beef in large skillet (over medium) until cooked. Drain the grease. Add spaghetti sauce to meat and stir to combine. Add rosemary and simmer on low.
  2. In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan and cottage cheese. Mix until smooth consistency.
  3. Arrange a single layer of 4 lasagna noodles to bottom of the dish. Cover noodles with 1/3 of sauce mixture, followed by 1/3 of cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Add remaining noodles, meat & cheese mixtures to top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
  4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love lasagna.... This looks delicious.
    -Heather
    www.stringtownhome.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Definitely will have to try this sometime when I have guests around. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs