Monday, July 1, 2013

14 Week Bumpdate

Hello Second Trimester! I think that you and I are going to be good friends!

This has actually been a really great week--my biggest symptoms are still fatigue and occasional lightheadedness (I had to Google that to make sure I was spelling that correctly.. what an awkward word) but I've learned to deal.

We went out for sushi on Saturday night with our friends Abby and Jason and it fabulous! I had a few people on FB make comments about eating raw fish while pregnant so I want everyone to know that I am the most paranoid/play by the rules pregnant woman out there (zero caffeine, check ingredients lists of foods/drinks for harmful chemicals, don't go anywhere near Bitsy's litter box, never skip prenatals, etc.) and I did a lot of research and only ate sushi deemed safe by doctors (California rolls, cooked Bang Bang shrimp, smoked salmon, etc.). Our waitress was also incredibly helpful and went over which I could and couldn't have when she set it on the table (she also made sure I drank lots of water--she was pretty awesome!) Abby and I got all dressed up and I can't wait to share the pictures with you later this week!

Onto the bumpdate!

This picture is actually from Saturday night.. I threw sweats on the minute I got home from work yesterday and couldn't convince myself to get dressed for a picture. Also, this dress is too big on me so the "bump" you're seeing is just dress material.. I wish it was the baby though!

How far along: 14 weeks, 1 day

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still no weight gain.. and I'm beginning to worry. I eat all the time but it's normally very healthy (still loving my yogurt, fruit, veggies, lean meats and protein shakes) so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Our next doctors appointment is the 10th so I'll hopefully figure out whats going on then.

Maternity clothes: Negative.

Stretch marks: No

Sleep: The quantity and quality of sleep is excellent. I've had to get up more often in the night to go potty, but I'm usually able to fall right back asleep (which is wonderful!).

Best moment last week: (this is actually from a few weeks ago but I forgot to post it!) When we were in Kansas City, our friend Jana gave us all kinds of baby stuff (a Boppy, shampoo and bubble bath, a beautiful crib, and much more) so we're starting to feel a little more prepared for when the baby gets here. My Aunt Nancy also got Baby S. the sweetest bib from the gnome store and Brandon's Aunt Paulette sent us a cute little onesie!

Movement: Not yet.

Food cravings/aversions: Soooo many craving this week including sushi (Abby and I couldn't stop talking about how excited we were on Twitter), watermelon Oreos (which I couldn't find anywhere; it was awful.. but my mom was able to track them down at a Target in Denver so she's bringing them with her on Tuesday!), and McDonalds breakfast (I don't like fast food so that one was a little strange.. but boy I wanted a bacon, egg and cheese bagel yesterday after breakfast had ended).

Gender: Six more weeks until we find out :D

Labor signs: Nooo!

Belly button - in or out? Innie.

What I miss: I can't really think of anything offhand.. I'm pretty content!

What I am looking forward to: Mom and Auntie Sharon are coming out tomorrow and we're going to shop, lay by the hotel pool and eat lots of yummy food!

Milestones: 2nd trimester!

Also, Happy Birthday to my "little" brother, Joey, who turns 20 today! Love you, ya tall guy--Vegas next year!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I saw all your posts on twitter, I'm glad that you had a great time! I cannot wait to hear what you're having! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are bringing wine and watermelon oreos as per your request. Wine for us cookies for you. We are so looking forward to seeing you and Bumpette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finding a way to get your sushi fill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Second trimester already!!!! Looking good! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay!!! I'm glad your feeling good so far!! If you're still craving those watermelon Oreos by the time I get to CO, I'll mail them to you whenever you "need" them! Enjoy having your mom and aunt in town :)) live it up poolside!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs