Monday, December 16, 2013

38 Week Bumpdate

38 Weeks.

Wait, 38 weeks?! Baby, you can seriously come whenever--you're full term and I want to hold you!

If you happened to read my Friday Funnies post, then you know that as of last Wednesday, I am 2 centimeters dilated! While this may not seem like too a big deal (I have friends and family who told me they were dilated at 2 centimeters for weeks.. or months!) my doctor said that he was surprised to see how quickly I was progressing and guessed that Jr. would be here in the next week or two. C'mon, Christmas baby! Anyway, I have been getting weird bursts of energy here and there so I've been very productive and spent the weekend baking Christmas goods, cleaning, and preparing for his big arrival.

Will he come this week? We shall see..
How far along: 37 weeks, 4 days

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +20

Maternity clothes: None this week--just a lot of sweats and unbuttoned pants!

Stretch marks: Nope!

Sleep: I actually haven't been sleeping too badly this week--I can usually fall asleep fairly easily but staying asleep is the hard part. Friday night was by far the worst night I've had in awhile--I could not sleep! I kept thinking to myself, "Oh, it's probably because your water is about to break and your intuition is keeping you awake.." but that was not the case. It's just so hard to get comfortable these days! However, I did invest in a Chillow on Saturday and its by far the best investment I've made all year. Pregnant gals: get one! I don't know why I didn't think of buying one sooner.

Best moment last week: Getting the nursery basically finished up--pictures coming tomorrow or Wednesday!

Movement: Yep. Baby Sand was head banging a bunch on Saturday night while Brandon and I drove around listening to Christmas music and looking at lights--Baby's favorite song was Fred Waring's arrangement of "The Nutcracker Suite" (pretty hardcore stuff).

Food cravings/aversions: Nutella. All day, err day.

Gender: Boy babe. 

Labor signs: I still get sporadic pains (mostly on my right side) but its nothing consistent. I was feeling pretty good yesterday afternoon and decided to go for a nice walk when I started feeling a bunch of weird pressure in my lower stomach.. I kept thinking maybe it was my water getting ready to break but nothing ever happened :/

Belly button - in or out? Okay, so the top half is out but the bottom half sucked itself back in.. yeah, I don't get it either.

What I miss: I'm actually pretty content this week.

What I am looking forward to: Same answer I've been giving the last couple of weeks--Christmas! Our gifts are all beautifully wrapped under the tree and I have a bunch of Christmas goodies in the freezer. 

9 more days!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. good luck with everything, I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so tiny for 38 weeks! Hopefully he comes in time for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs