Friday, December 27, 2013

Life with Jax

It's amazing how quickly life can change in one short week!
Jackson-4 Days Old
Jackson Lee was born Sunday, December 22nd at 1:13pm--he's a mellow little guy (5 pounds 13 ounces, 19 inches long) but absolutely perfect in every way! He had a hard time breathing at first and couldn't cry (more on that later--I'll try to write up his birth story this weekend) and ended up spending the first few nights of his life in the NICU but went on to make a full and quick comeback. 
A few hours old--I can't look at this without tearing up.
We were hoping to be home by Christmas eve (my favorite day of the year!) but ended up having to stay until Christmas morning which was really difficult and stressful. However, God knows what is best for us and our Christmas morning homecoming turned out to be absolutely amazing--all of Jax's grandparents (and Great Aunt and Uncle from CO) were at the house to greet us when we arrived and meet our sweet little man.
Oh be still, my heart--Brandon knows how much I love Christmas Eve and brought it to the hospital for Jax and me.
We had so many visitors/well wishers and I can't put into words just how much that meant to us--thank you so much to everyone who visited, called, texted, emailed, FB'd, etc. to congratulate us/check in on little Jax. These last 7 days have truly been the most exciting, exhausting, and emotional that I have ever had and there is no way I could have gotten through it without my incredible husband, family, and friends. I will post much more about Jax's birth and first Christmas next week!
Jax's friends who stopped by the hospital.
I hope you all had a blessed Christmas! 

Oh, one more thing..
Miss Bits is actually handling everything baby related a lot better than I expected--she basically just goes about her day-to-day routine and ignores Jax as much as she can (though she did lay on my feet last night while I pumped and intently/nervously watched Jax jabber and flail about in his Rock 'n Play). Give it a few weeks though and I know they'll be the best of friends!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. hes a cutie thats for sure! congrats again and I'm so glad he's a strong peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie I am so so SO happy for you guys! He is absolutely perfect, and I'm sure you were a champ in labor as well. Hope everything is going smoothly, much love to you all and happy new year! What a wonderful gift to start 2014 with!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs