Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Saying Goodbye

I hate goodbyes--I'm not good with them and would just assume never having to deal with them (but don't we all?). Today is a very bittersweet day for my family and me; today is the day we leave our home in Kansas to set out on a new adventure in Colorado.

Moving to Colorado is something that Brandon and I have been talking about since we first started dating--Brandon had only been to my home state a few times before meeting me and fell more and more in love with it each time we went back to visit my family. We knew from the start that it would be our home one day.

Today is that day.
I treated Brandon to the "real Denver experience" (that is not a marijuana reference, I promise) for his 25th birthday--we visited Red Rocks, the Botanic Gardens, and Casa Bonita (of course!).
Moving to my favorite city really is a dream come true for me--I'm so excited to take Jackson around to all of my favorite childhood spots: the Denver Children's Museum, Butterfly Pavilion, State Capitol, Denver Zoo, Washington Park.. I can't wait! But all of this comes at a price: leaving the place I've called home for the last 3 1/2 years.

When I first moved to Hays in August of 2010, I wasn't a happy person; in fact, there weren't many aspects of my life that I was happy with. I was actually on the verge of dropping out of college when my mom suggested checking out other schools--that's when I found Fort Hays State University in Hays, Kansas. My mom is originally from Kansas, so I was familiar with Hays--it was the town with the Applebee's (that I would eventually work at) and two-story KFC.

Come to find out, there was a lot more to it.

Hays is..

..where I really learned my craft: journalism and marketing

..where I first tried whiskey (I'll save those stories for another time..)

..where I pulled way too many all nighters

..where I decided that anything Grunge was my jam

..where I grew out my bangs (which only took 21 years)

..where I made some of my best friends

..where I started this blog

..where I had my first "real" job (pertaining to my field)

..where I found my sisters in Christ

..where I met and married my husband

..where my son was born

..where I found myself
Not pictured: Miss Mary
I will never forget my time here in Hays--these have been the best years of my life and I am so thankful for all of the experiences I have had and for all of the friends I have made. Thank you to everyone who had any part in my Hays adventure--you helped make me the person I am today and for that I am grateful. 

It's time to close this chapter in my life and open the next. 

Stay tuned for the new adventures of Brandon, Annie, Jackson, & Bitsy--we're just getting started!

2 comments:

  1. Useful tips towards a healthier life.
    Hi, This is a good blog as we also provide good and effective herbal productsmvdiabetesbangalore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! We love you and will miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs