Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Good Idea at the Time

Last Thursday was one of those days where I didn't leave the house at all and began getting major cabin fever by the end of the day.. do you ever get that way? Anyway, the guys went to get some parts to fix our computer Thursday morning but I stayed home to work.. by the end of the day I was feeling sort of down and ready to escape. That's when I came up with the best idea ever!!

A few years ago, Mamma Nancy (Brandon's mom/my awesome MIL) gifted us a small, covered fire pit for Christmas that we have never been able.. so I thought it would be fun to make s'mores, sit by the fire, and enjoy the warm summer evening. Sounds totally picturesque, right?
Please ignore our yard/patio.. they are both a work in progress (the previous owners did a real number on the lawn..)

I knew that Jax would require a lot of supervision (because toddler.. and fire), but I didn't realize I'd have to keep the lighter away from him the entire time because he wanted to copy dad and light the fire himself.. Yeesh. Anyway, he had no interest roasting marshmallows or eating delicious s'mores (he couldn't get past the lighter), so our little family adventure lasted an entire 3 minutes. Oh well.. there's always next summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs