Thursday, December 6, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Brownies

My book club had it's Christmas party last night!

We had a blast!

We did our Secret Santa gift exchanges, ate lots of yummy finger foods and sat around in our pajamas giggling for about three hours. It was a great way to spend a Wednesday night!

Our book club Christmas pic (minus Ali)
At our last get together, I made book club brownies, but they came out a little.. well done.. So I was a lot more careful this time when I made these incredible Reese's Peanut Butter Cup brownies. I found the recipe on Susannah's Kitchen and it is amazing!!

Trust me, if you love chocolate (who doesn't??), this is for you.

Anngredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 cups and 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
  • 2/3 cup cocoa
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1-1/3 cups Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups, divided (I just cut up regular Reese's Cups, this works too!)
  • 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter

    1. Pre-Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
    2. Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add 2 cups sugar and cocoa. Gently stir to blend. Remove from heat. Beat eggs, then stir into mixture. Add vanilla extract. Mix together flour, salt and baking soda in separate bowl, and stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in 2/3 cup mini peanut butter cups. Spread chocolate mixture in greased pan.
    3. Combine creamy peanut butter and remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Drop by tablespoons onto chocolate batter. Swirl with metal spatula to achieve marbled effect.
    4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until brownie starts to pull from edges of pan. Cool for 45 minutes.
    5. Cut remaining 2/3 cup peanut butter cups in half and sprinkle over the surface. (Press in slightly.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares. 

    Party, Party, I like to Party

    6 comments:

    1. my jeans are tighter just reading this delish post!

      hope you will have a chance to stop by, and today i am hosting a giveaway. hope you win! http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

      peace to you.

      michele

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wow these look great! I love Reese's cups. Thanks for sharing on Super Sweet Saturday.
      Steph
      swtboutqiue.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. Mmmm I love Reeses peanut butter cups! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

      ReplyDelete
    4. It looks like you all had a great time! I am going to pin this for future use! My daughter will be home from college next week and would love these!
      Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

      By the way, I am now following your blog, facebook, pinterest and twitter!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Mouthwatering! They look amazingly delicious! I am drooling all over!
      Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I see you there again next week :)

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
     
    Blogger Template By Designer Blogs