Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Classiest Book Club Ever.

I have always wanted to be in a book club.

For as long as I can remember, my mom has been in one. I always thought it was so cool that she and her friends would get together for dinner and then discuss their book (well, at the time it wasn't so cool when it was at our house because my dad, brother and I had to hang out in the basement..).

Fast forward to about a month ago.

My friend mentioned she was reading a certain book and I made an offhand comment about how we should get a group of girls together to read it and talk about it.

Enter our book club.

Last night was our first get together at my place (side note--I have the best. fiance. ever. He cleaned the entire apartment top to bottom for me while I was a work. Yes, I am a lucky girl)--and it was a classy blast!  We talked a little about the book (I'm embarrassed to admit which book it is.. so that should give it away) but ended up drinking wine, visiting, and giggling for close to four hours. It was just what we all needed!

Oh, and before you look at the pictures and wonder what is up with all the dresses: we all dressed fancy for our get together and wore dresses and heels.. so yeah, we're pretty dang classy.
This is so appropriate for our group.
My beautiful dining room table (yes, its a card table..) with all of our delicious food.
Humus and pesto marinara dipping sauces for the bread.
Yummy!
Two of the girls brought three bottles of wine.. we somehow ended the night with five empty bottles. How that happened, I'm still not sure..
I feel very blessed to have such a fun group of girlfriends! At our next meeting, we're having a secret Santa gift exchange (that we drew for last night), more book talk and more wine (of course). I can't wait!

Party, Party, I like to Party

9 comments:

  1. The dipping sauces look soooo good!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this @ fun in the functional & had to click over - I have a really fun book club with some friends too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me miss the book club I was in pre-children. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm super jealous, I'd love to find a book club near me. My mom has also had a drinking club with a book problem for forever, and she always has so much fun with it. :-) Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a fun night...any chance you are in South jersey??? :)

    Found you at One Artsy mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun, my husband call's my book club the ladies and a bottle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, you don't even need a book to have that kind of fun. I love that you dressed up! Thanks for sharing on Super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehe...love the saying! Made me and My Better Half laugh out loud!!
    Thanks for linking up at Think Tank Thursday!
    This week's party is up and running. Would love for you to share your latest creations if you haven't already!!
    http://www.saving4six.com/2012/11/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how fun!! It sounds like a great group of friends and a great evening!Thank you so much for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs