Friday, December 21, 2012

The DIY Project from Hell

I had written a post about white elephant gift ideas that I had planned to post this morning but then yesterday's wedding project gone wrong happened. I'm getting ahead of myself--let's start at the beginning, shall we?

The wedding is 16 days away (which I still can't believe!) and we're headed back to CO on Saturday to spend Christmas with my family. Now, if you've ever planned a wedding, you know there comes a time when you run into an invisible wall and just want to say screw it and let whatever happens happen. I've hit that wall. Hard. I'm pretty sure that Brandon has hit the wall too but he is a lot less whiny about it than I am. *sigh* men...

Anyway, we were sitting around watching House Hunters yesterday afternoon when Brandon started talking about how we needed to start working on our wedding centerpieces (I don't want to get into too much detail about them because I want them to be somewhat of a surprise so I will elaborate later). I reluctantly agreed and we got to work on soaking and de-labeling (I think that's a word?) 130 wine bottles.

We live in the worlds tiniest townhouse which means we have the worlds tiniest bathroom.. Oooh, we need to move.
70 wine bottles soaking in the tub.
Once we had the tub full, we decided to give our aching backs a break and head downstairs while they soaked. We were greeted at the bottom of the stairs with the sound of dripping water.

Uh-oh.

Yes, the bathtub leaked through the ceiling. ALL over my wrapped Christmas gifts (luckily, nothing was too damaged--a little water damage on the packaging but I can live with that).
Damage control (this is where the Christmas gifts used to chill).
There was already water damage on the ceiling and now there is a little more (but as far as our landlord knows, it has always been this bad..). We'd never used the bathtub before so we didn't know this could happen so easily.
We're in wine bottle hell-- but we both got a pretty good laugh out of it while we were cleaning up. 

December, 2012 Annie wants to punch January ('Oh my gosh, we're engaged, I'm so happy, let's have a huge DIY wedding'), 2012 Annie in the face.

Party, Party, I like to Party

8 comments:

  1. Eek! What a mess! Had the tub overflowed or was there something faulty with the tub itself? I'm guessing your landlord doesn't know about your blog. :) Good luck with everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will laugh for years to come! My back aches for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Glad you've got a sense of humor about it. At times like that I like to say, I can laugh or cry..might as well laugh!! :) Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, lol. Did your landlord get to see the tub full of booze? ;) It will ALL be worth it in the end, and what good is life without an awesome story to go along with it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the wedding! I know that invisible wall well! This will all be part of the story in years to come ; ) It will be a great day no matter what. Thanks so much for sharing on Super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph
    swtboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lemon Essential Oil will take labels right off..like magic! I use doTERRA because it's pure lemon oil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are laughing and crying with you at the same time! OMG...could you possibly add one more thing to your busy lives! Someday you will be able to laugh about the whole situation! Hang in there and have a great Christmas and the wedding will all work out! Thinking of you!! :) -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so sorry it happened to you, but am glad you could laugh about it as well. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs