Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mexican Tortilla Chicken Casserole

I have been trying to write and post this delicious recipe for almost a week now but I've been CRAZY busy with school and work (which are both completely overrated..).

Annieway, I'll give a little background on this recipe--Brandon's sweet great aunt and cousin are throwing us a cookbook shower for the month of October. A cookbook shower is pretty self explanatory (the amazing people in our lives are sending us a different cookbook every day for a month), and we are loving it!

My mom was the first person we received a cookbook from--this is the one she gave us:
(Side note: I whole heartily recommend this book--it has several easy and healthy meals which I am a huge fan of!)

I was thumbing through it the other night and ran across a recipe for 'Chili Chicken Casserole.' I thought that sounded fairly easy and delicious, so I went ahead and made it. Actually, I take that back.. I majorly tweaked and renamed it, but I wouldn't have gotten the idea without the book!

And now I present to you my Mexican Tortilla Chicken Casserole!

Anngredients:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (sliced in half)
  • 8 corn tortillas
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup, condensed
  • 1 can Rotel (choose your heat, I always go with hot)
  • 1 can black beans
  • 2 cups grated Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in a greased 9x13-inch pan. Cut tortillas into 1-inch strips. Lay tortilla strips over chicken. In a large bowl, combine soup, Rotel, and beans. 
  2. Spread mixture over tortilla layer. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through.
Side note: I'm not a huge eater and Brandon is--that's why one side of the casserole looks weak.
Yum!! Seriously, what is better than a casserole? They are so easy to make on a week night and they are always a hit! Enjoy!
My mad PS/cropping skillz.


2 comments:

  1. "Annieway" HAHA, I see what you did there.
    On the real, that looks super tasty and sounds pretty easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      P.S. I'm holding your Reeses peanut butter cookies captive until you come visit us. Yep, I went there.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs