Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pretzel M&M Peanut Butter Cookies

Yesterday was stupid.

It was one of those days where absolutely nothing went right.. (Okay, wait--actually that's only semi-true. I did win the "Pick 'Em" pot at work for the week for my mad NFL predictions side note: I know NOTHING about football or the NFL.. I typically come in last every single week, so this was a big deal/miracle and the radio show I co-host went really smoothly considering one of our hosts was a no call/no show. I'm going to wrap up this side convo now..)

Here is my list of everything that went wrong yesterday:
  1. I live in a townhouse that doesn't have laundry hookups so I use the community laundry room. I typically haven't had problems with it but yesterday, somebody decided they needed to open my dryer, not close the door and let the time run out. Twice. Annnnddd of course those were my last quarters so I had to run out to get more. Dumb. 
  2. Lonnnnngggg story short on this one: we got a contract from one of the local hotels for a block of rooms for our wedding--my last name was misspelled THREE different times/ways on the contract, the contract isn't even for the hotel we asked for, the manager is out of town until next month, AND we have to send our invites out in a week. Dumb.
  3. As I stated before, one of the hosts on my radio show was a no show/no call last night which always puts my other co-host and I in a bad spot. Dumb.
I really shouldn't be complaining, I know. It was just a lot at once. Blah.

Anyway, when I get sad/upset/angry/happy/stressed, I like to cook. And eat sweets.

So I made these amazing, melt in your mouth Pretzel M&M Peanut Butter Cookies.

I used my standard peanut butter cookie recipe and then added a few pretzel M&Ms on top.

They are sweet and salty all at once. Oh yeah.

Anngredients: 

  • 1 cup peanut butter (if you want to go the healthier route, use natural peanut butter).
  • 1 cup powdered sugar.
  • 1 egg.
  • 24 pretzel M&Ms
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Mix peanut butter, powdered sugar and egg in mixing bowl.
  3. Mold mix into small,  1" balls and press with a fork.
  4. Bake in oven for 8 minutes.
  5. Immediately after removing from oven, add two M&Ms to the top.

Voila!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,
    Just love these cookies! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sorry your day was kinda crappy, but these cookies look like they'd help a lot! Thanks for linking this up to The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs