As I've said before, Brandon's sweet great aunt and cousin are throwing us a cookbook wedding shower for the month of October (which I will be writing a post about very soon). It has been such a blast! I mean, who doesn't enjoy receiving packages and cards in the mail??
We have received a huge variety of wonderful cookbooks--we have cookbooks about baking bread, holiday foods, fancy meals, and everything in between! One of the cookbooks we received last week was this one:
|My dear friend Heidi gave this to us--she knows me all too well..|
Last weekend, Brandon and I were invited to dinner at our friend Cody's house. We were going to be having grilled fish AND crab legs so I knew the food would be amazing and I wanted to bring an equally tasty dessert that would compliment our meal.
Enter the Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting.
They are out-of-this-world and so easy to make.
Thank you Betty Crocker. And Heidi!
- 1 box yellow cake mix (cake mix calls for water, vegetable oil and eggs)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 container chocolate creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts (I used crushed Butterfingers instead and highly recommend it!)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper baking cup in each of 30 regular-size muffin cups. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and 3/4 cup peanut butter with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, stir together frosting and 1/4 cup peanut butter. Frost cupcakes with frosting mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts (or Butterfingers!), press lightly into frosting.
|Ta-da! Side note: this is probably the most beautiful picture I have ever taken and I am very proud of it!|
Party, Party, I like to PartyThe DIY Dreamer, The Stuff of Success, Savvy Southern Style, Primp Junktion, Lil Luna, My Girlish Whims, The Mommy Club, Ginger Snap Crafts, Whatcha' Whipped Up, Printabelle, Cheap Crafty Mama, JAQs Studio, We Like to Learn as We Go, Practically Functional, Southern Lovely, Adorned From Above, The Shabby Creek Cottage, House of Hepworths, The 36th Avenue, Beyond the Picket Fence, The Mandatory Mooch, No Minimalist Here, Stone Gable Blog, Thrift 101, Live Laugh Rowe, Miz Helen's Country Cottage, Something Swanky, Embracing Change, Hungry Little Girl, Two Yellow Birds Decor, Bloom, Joyful Homemaking, The Frugal Girls, At The Picket Fence, Joyful Stamper, One Artsy Mama, The Thriftiness Miss, Chic on a Shoestring Budget, The Shabby Nest, Whipper Berry, Miss Information, Simply Sweet Home, 504 Main, Blissful and Domestic, While He Was Napping, French Country Cottage, Fresh Eggs Daily, It's a Hodgepodge Life, Kitchen Fun, The Grant Life, Craftionary,