Sunday, March 4, 2012

Creamy Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

This recipe actually came about by accident.

The year was 2002. I was a 7th grader who loved to cook, leave a mess for my mother to clean up when she got home from work and eat. And eat. And eat (and it showed). One day after school, I was having a craving for cookies. So, I got one of my moms cookbooks out and found a recipe for easy peanut butter cookies (it was an old church fundraiser cookbook--the cookie recipe was right below the submitted instructions for "how to microwave an egg"). It was simple enough: it called for peanut butter, an egg and granulated sugar. Well, I didn't know what granulated sugar was (I was a bright middle schooler..) and just assumed that meant any sort of sugar. So, I grabbed for some powdered sugar in the pantry. My stupidity actually paid off for once. The cookies were delicious--the powdered sugar made them more creamy and decadent.

So, friends, I now present to you these easy to make Creamy Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies. Enjoy!

Anngredients: 
  • 1 cup peanut butter (if you want to go the healthier route, use natural peanut butter).
  • 1 cup powdered sugar.
  • 1 egg.
  • 12 Hershey's kisses.
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Mix peanut butter, powdered sugar and egg in mixing bowl.
  3. Mold mix into small,  1" balls and press with a fork.
  4. Bake in oven for 8 minutes.
  5. After removing from oven, add Hershey's Kiss to the top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs