Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Spicy Slow Cooker Jambalaya

Do you ever have one of those days where you can't decide what to have for dinner because everything sounds good?

That's how I was last week; I wanted chicken, sausage, seafood, chocolate, gummy bears, spice, etc.

So what did I make?

You guessed it. Jambalaya (except I didn't add in chocolate and gummies--but I may have to try that next time..)!

This recipe is so simple and is perfect on a cold, snowy day (like many of us are experiencing this week). Just throw everything in the crock pot and you've got a complete and filling meal.

**If you know me, you know I LOVE spicy--if you're not a fan, substitute the Hot Rotel with Original and nix the jalapenos**

Anngredients:
  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
  • 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch slices
  • 2 (10 oz.) cans Hot Rotel
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup chopped jalapenos 
  • 1 tablespoon Cajun spice mix
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 3/4 cups long-grain rice
  1. Combine chicken, sausage, Rotel, jalapenos, chicken broth, Cajun spice mix, garlic powder and oregano in a large slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 hours. 
  2. Add shrimp and rice; raise heat to high and cook for 30 minutes more.
    (Idea for recipe from My Recipes)
 

3 comments:

  1. I love jambalaya - you just gave me inspiration for this weekend's menu! Happy Thursday from the enchanted oven.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had jambalaya, but it sounds great! And anything in a crock pot sounds good to me. I'm featuring this at my link party tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am extremely happy to write a comment on this blog. The information provided on the site was very informative and useful.
    Wine bars in Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs