Friday, February 1, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things (January Edition)

Whenever I log into my Blogger Dashboard, I start going down the list of blogs I follow and begin my stalking reading. Posts that always stop me dead in my tracks are ones about beauty products. I LOVE getting tips and learning about new products from all of my lovely fellow bloggers.

I decided to start doing the same at the beginning of each month in hopes of helping my friends/fabulous readers find new products/styles/accessories/etc. to try.


1.) Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this foundation. It seems like Rimmel gets a bad rap because it is an inexpensive drug store brand but honestly, it has worked better for me than behind the counter department store brands. This foundation goes on so smoothly and never leaves a visible makeup line (like I experienced with Cover Girl True Match). Add a little peachy blush for a flawless au natural look. And the best part? You can get it at Target/Wal-Mart/Walgreens/Wherever you buy your makeup for less than $5!

2.) Avon Advance Techniques Dry Ends Serum. I have never been a huge fan of Avon. A lady that used to work for my dad sold it so I'd buy makeup and lotions from her (this was back when I was in junior high). The makeup was never anything special and didn't seem to highlight or benefit my skin in anyway so I stopped using it. Fast forward to last Christmas when I found this serum in my stocking. I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical at first but my mamma-in-law swore by it so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm so glad I did. I get terrible split ends and this has helped sooooo much. Another added benefit? My hair is really shiny! Oh, and it's $8. Yeah, you're going to want to try it.

3.) Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Spray. I blow dry AND use a flat iron on my hair every single day. Yes, ouch. This spray has been a life saver. My hair looks much healthier now (not to mention it's silky soft and smells amazing). This ingenious product only costs $17--having healthy hair doesn't have to break the bank!

4.) Bubble Necklace. I'm sure everyone has one of these by now (I'm a little behind on the times..) but I finally got one and have been saving it for a special occasion and finally have one--my mammas birthday celebration this weekend (and you can bet that I'll be posting pictures)!! Bubble necklaces vary in price, but you can typically get one for around $10.

Party, Party, I like to Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs