Monday, February 4, 2013

Denver Girls Weekend

As some of you may know, I am a displaced Coloradoan. I was born and raised in the Centennial State, attended Colorado State University my first two years of college and then transferred out of state to a school with a praised media studies program. Luckily, I'm not too far from home so I'm able to visit about once a month.

This trip home was extra special though--we were celebrating my mom's birthday!

We stayed at my Aunt Nancy's (who is seriously one of my favorite people of all time) and had a fabulous time wining, dining, shopping, laughing, and reminiscing.

Without further ado, here are some pictures from our weekend.

Aunt Nancy and I made a Whole Foods run on Friday night to get pizza and ended up leaving with pizza, wings, salad and dessert (side note: spinach mushroom pizza is the greatest).
Pizza run finds: chocolate ganache cake and a salted caramel chocolate cupcake.
We spent the early afternoon shopping on my favorite Denver street, Old South Gaylord. They have the cutest boutiques and shops all on the same block!
The Gnomes Nook--words cannot describe just how adorable this place is. I'll post much more about that on Wednesday.
Gnome earrings--I had 'gnome' choice but to buy them! (ba-dum-ching!)


After our shopping marathon, we had lunch at Andre's, an authentic Swiss restaurant and bakery. Their spaetzle and homemade shortbread brownies are to die for!
Our gang!
My Uncle's friend made this wine cork bird feeder and I was completely fascinated by it.
Denver, I love you.


Party, Party, I like to Party

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! My family has lived in Parker since 2008. I love visiting them there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! We are going to Denver this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that's the cutest cork craft ever! Haven't seen a cork birdhouse before. I'm taking notes so I know the cool spots in Denver...excited to hear more about Gnomes Nook too! Looks like you all had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! This caught my eye on the link party at Kathe With an E because I'm from Denver (and still live here). What a great city :) I love this post!

    -Angie
    www.easylivingmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Looks like you had a wonderful trip. Gnome earrings, not sure what to say about them, but I think I would have had to buy them as well. I am your newest GFC follower, and found you via 'Adorned From Above Party'. I hope you have a terrific day.
    Angie G.
    http://mycraftycollections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff!! Looks like it was a blast!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality last week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs