Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Convertible Rides, a Deaf Kitten and Family Time

Brandon actually had a 4-day weekend this last week.. things like this never happen anymore with his new job so we knew we needed to take advantage and get out of town for a couple of days.

So out to my Uncle George and Aunt Judy's farm we went!

It was literally the perfect weekend: we got to sleep in, eat amazing food, visit with family and just relax--after all the stress of last week, it was definitely the getaway we both needed!

I worked late on Friday so we didn't hit the road until close to 8:30pm; luckily, the farm is only about 2 1/2 hours away so it wasn't too bad of a drive (but boy were we exhausted by the time we got there)! Everyone was already asleep when we arrived so Brandon and I took quick showers and hit the hay.

Saturday
  • Woke up, ate delicious coffee cake and visited for awhile.
  • Went for a two-hour drive around the area in my uncles beautiful 1964 Impala convertible. 
  • Feasted on boiled shrimp, bacon wrapped shrimp and frog-eye salad (my fave!).
  • Played with the adorable new kitten (she's deaf but super sweet & playful!).
  • Napped.
  • Visited with my cousin Angie (George & Judy's daughter) and her family.
  • Feasted on "Pioneer Woman" meatloaf, mushroom rice casserole and cheesecake. 
  • Visited on the beautiful wrap around porch until the sun went down. 
My Grandma and Grandpa Kasten's headstone--they are buried at one of the most beautiful and tranquil cemeteries I have ever been to.
Yummy!! We love our shrimp so we were happy campers!
Sitting on the porch at dusk
Sunday
  • Went to church (which was special because it was my grandmas church and brought back many happy memories of visiting her--plus, its the church my mom/aunts/uncles all grew up attending).
  • Feasted on lasagna, garlic bread and more frog-eye salad (by the way, I never knew that was made with pasta--mind=blown).
  • Visited with my cousins Mark, Nancy & Megan and my Uncle Denny and Aunt Jean (who all came out for the afternoon).
  • Headed home to see Miss Bitsy at around 3pm. 
I just love my family!
It was such a lovely weekend and I can't wait to visit again! I also can't wait to take Baby out to the farm to see his great Aunt & Uncle--Brandon and I are so blessed to have the families we have!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs