Thursday, March 19, 2015

Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower

When we were visiting Brandon's parents in Tennessee last Labor Day weekend, I received a phone call from my best friend with the greatest news ever -- she and her husband were expecting their first child! After excusing myself to the front yard to talk to her on the phone/scream and jump up and down, I went back inside to do the only logical thing: create a secret Pinterest board and begin planning the baby shower that I'd been dreaming of throwing her.

I'd pin a few generic baby shower ideas here and there but couldn't come up with a specific theme -- then one day, Jen told me she planned to decorate the nursery in vintage Winnie the Pooh and right then I knew our theme. Fast forward a few months and the grandmas-to-be and I began scheming and planning.

Here are some of the things we came up with for our vintage Winnie the Pooh baby shower:

After weeks of emailing back and forth, the 5 hostesses crafted a perfectly Pooh Bear menu featuring Tigger Tails, Owls Outstanding Treats, Roo's (Cinnamon) Rolls, and the most decadent white chocolate hunny mouse desserts served inside chocolate bowls. 

Jennifer's crafty mother-in-law put together the adorable name cards.

Guests were asked to sign a Winnie the Pooh picture (guest) book and self address an envelope upon arrival. Most of the decor (stuffed animals, books, pictures, toys, etc.) was thrifted and thoroughly washed -- I'm going to miss hunting for Winnie the Pooh treasures on my weekly trips to Mile High Thrift Store! 

Jen's incredibly talented step-mom put together this Burt's Bees diaper cake -- isn't it just perfect for a Winnie the Pooh party?

I saw this idea on my friend Ruthie's blog and have been dying to do it ever since! We asked each guest to write down some words of advice or an inside joke for Jen that I could have it turned into a keepsake book. I love all the advice and how cute the book turned out! 

Jen's mom and her friend decorated these incredible party favors for the guests -- beautifully painted (and each one different) wine glasses. 

^^More Hundred Acre Wonderfulness from Jen's mom's friend

We ate (and ate and ate), played a fun "Price is Right" game, prayed over Jennifer & Baby Oliver, and showered our guest of honor with lots of love and gifts -- it was such a fun day and I'm so thankful for my co-hostesses who all worked so hard to pull off this memorable day.
 
 
 

We can't wait to meet your little hunny, Jen & Ryan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs