Thursday, September 24, 2015

Jackson's 21 Month Update

I've decided that this month has been my absolute favorite with Jax... I feel like I'm constantly yearning for those tiny newborn days that fly by way too quickly, but for once I'm actually enjoying the present and want nothing more than to freeze time with my smart, funny, and sweet little boy! This month has been another for the books, so without further ado, here's what we've been up to:

Weight: 21.5 lbs.

Length: 32 inches (that's a total guess...)

Nicknames: Jax, Cheeks, Tinks, Stinker, Jacksie, Bubs

Wearing: 18 month clothes; Size 3 diapers

Sleep: Getting better!! He WILL be COMPLETELY weaned/crib trained by the end of October (we started the process a few weeks ago, but it was intercepted by our spur of the moment TX trip, illness, and a trip to Grammy & Grandpas) -- pray for us!

Jax likes: Other kids, trains, kitties, the PBS Kids app on my tablet, animals, technology of any kind, Nana, fruit snacks, airplanes, parades, taking pictures, having friends over to play, watching grandpa juggle, hiding from mommy in the racks at stores, outings with Uncle Joe, riding his bike, playing at the park, going for long stroller rides, reading, making faces in the mirror, wrestling w/mom or dad, playing catch with daddy, being outside

Jax dislikes: Scary Halloween displays, loud noises, skipping nap time, being stuck in the same place for too long, being told no, time out

Food: Cheese, ravioli, raspberries, strawberries, snap pea crisps, mac and cheese, oatmeal, Belvita, sugar of any kind, fruit snacks, pizza, chicken nuggets, and other unhealthy toddler foods. 

Teeth: STILL waiting on those pesky eye-teeth, so I'm going to guess we're STILL sitting at 12... luckily, he hasn't seemed too uncomfortable or pained, so I'm guessing they aren't coming in anytime soon. 

Happenings: Nana's visit; spending a day with grammy & grandpa; Houston trip; hosted Mom's group for planning meeting; packing/preparations for Disney trip; daddy's 29th birthday; visiting grammy & grandpa; homecoming parade/golf with the Wernsmans; and lots of park/backyard play. 

~I think it's safe to say that we have an ambidextrous kid on our hands! He still definitely favors his left hand, but just this month he's really started to go back and forth between the two. Both Brandon's dad and sister are ambidextrous (but typically favor the left), so I know which side of the family it came from!

~Jackson's little sense of humor shows more and more each day and I absolutely LOVE it -- he is so funny and gets the biggest laugh out of the littlest things around him. I seriously wish I could freeze time and keep him at this fun age forever!

~Almost overnight, Jax has become a little pro at sharing! He loves to retrieve people's things for them (if he sees me lay down my phone or Brandon set down his water bottle for even a second, he's all over it) and has gotten so good about sharing (so much so that he was even sharing his candy with his friends at a homecoming parade last weekend, pictured)! He is also incredibly sweet and loves to give hugs and kisses to everyone he meets.

~A few new things from this month:
*Words: bla (blue), oof oof (woof woof), hey, AH (hot), and no.
*Each morning, Jax grabs for my coffee, which leads to me say "No, no, it's hot!" In the last month, he's started to quickly touch the hot cup, say AH (hot), and then proceed to take a drink of it to further examine the temperature/taste. WHAT TODDLER ACTUALLY LIKES COFFEE?!
*He is becoming more and more OCD by the day and always has to have things his way and perfect, or else he'll begin to fuss (gee, I wonder where he gets that? *cough* Brandon *cough*).

~One of Jackson's (and my) new favorite things is catching bugs -- it is so cute to watch him spot one and gently pick it up or guide me over to it. His favorite right now is grasshoppers -- he always wants me to hold it so he can watch it jump away (from a safe distance)! Also, this picture has nothing to do with bugs, but I didn't have a bug picture and thought this was cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs