Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Grad Girl (and a Few Summer Jams)

Well, it finally happened.

 photo DSC_0352_zps02d96f13.jpg
I finally got to wear my adorable red heels!!

Oh.

And I graduated college!

 photo DSC_0415_zps37a1ac97.jpg
Walking across the stage to pick up my diploma.. can you spot the shoes??
Saturday was completely overwhelming and I didn't take ANY pictures (which is so weird for me!)--luckily, the school took pictures of us with our diplomas but I have yet to receive a copy.. so this is the only pic I have of my in my cap and gown.

Well, besides this gem that Brandon snapped..

 photo DSC_0356_zps40e33cc3.jpg
Thanks babe.
After graduation, Brandon and I hosted a nice lunch with my family, Brandon's mom, and her friend--we had such a fun time visiting (and eating!). Then throughout the afternoon, several friends stopped in to snack and gab. It was a laid back day which is exactly what this girl needed!

Graduation=Summer

Do you know what that means? Besides unbearable heat and humidity?

It's time to crank up those summer jams!

Here are a few of my favorite summer tunes to get you started:

This will forever be my first and foremost summer jam--I took my last final early Thursday morning (like 5:30am early--Bitsy wouldn't let me sleep) and turned this on as soon as I finished. I'll blast this for my kiddos from preschool on.

This song takes me back to last summer when I was a hot shot intern in Denver.. I'd crank up the STPs to pump me up during my 3:00am commute across town.

This actually takes me back to the summer of my sophomore year of high school. It's catchy.

Summer+long road trips=Listening to "Nirvana: Unplugged" on a loop.

How can you not drop everything to dance to this song?

The first concert I ever attended was DCFC at Red Rocks (the summer of my sophomore year of college), so this takes me back.

A chill, shopping around a trendy downtown area song--am I right?!

Do any of my fellow millennials remember this?

This is also my fall, spring, and winter jam.

It's summertime; dancing days are most definitely here again.

What's on your summer jams list?

3 comments:

  1. Eek! I am so happy and excited for you that you graduated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! So happy for you! Those red shoes are hot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs