Monday, May 27, 2013

Ooh Baby, Baby!

Guess who is going to be a mommy..

Okay, I gave you enough time to guess!

Me! 

Yep, you read that right.

AHH!! We're having a baby!!

Praying our baby doesn't come out looking like a 40-year-old smoker.. but if he/she does, we will still love it. I think. (kidding. thank you to thenest.com for this)
I have known for over a month now and have been dying to share the news with you all but waited until we told our families in person (stories about how we told them coming soon)!

Brandon and I are so excited to become parents and can't wait to begin this new chapter in our lives--God is so good!! Our family and friends are all so excited for the baby and it gives me goosebumps to think about how loved this child already is.

I'm not too far along yet (I'm 9 weeks as of yesterday), but I thought it'd be fun to start doing a weekly pregnancy questionnaire.. so here we go!

How far along: 9 weeks, 1 day
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still sitting at 135 (no change).

Maternity clothes: Nooo and hopefully not for awhile still!

Stretch marks: Not yet.. for any mammas out there, is the cream really worth using? Too often I hear that it's a waste of money and that no amount of cream will really prevent stretch marks.

Sleep: I wake up multiple times during the night; a few times to go to the bathroom and a few times to re-situate myself. I'm ALWAYS tired but it's hard for me to stay asleep.

Best moment last week: Telling Brandon's dad and step mom :D

Movement: Not yet.

Food cravings/aversions: Fruit; I can never get enough! I especially love oranges and cantaloupe. The only other consecutive craving I have is for yogurt. Now aversions on the other hand, I have a lot of those: any kind of white meat (which used to be my favorite!), cheese, chocolate, meatballs, soup, candy, and so on.

Gender: My instincts are telling me it's a.. baby.

Labor signs: Nooo!

Belly button - in or out? In!

What I miss: Sushi, shell fish and my morning coffee.

What I am looking forward to: Getting past this constant queasiness.

Milestones: Nothing yet.

I'm so excited that I can finally start talking baby on the blog!! I'm hoping to be a little more consecutive with my posts, too. All I want to do anymore is sleep.. my brain is completely fried and it's been hard for me to sit down and write. Ugh! Hopefully that will change soon.

Hope you are all having a fabulous 3-day weekend!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I am way too freaking excited for you Annie! Now this means I get to add you and your little one to my prayer list! I cannot wait to read these updates, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! One of my friends just had a girl three days ago and another friend is due with a boy in September. :D

    I used a Japanese oil for a few weeks on my belly, but got really lazy about it and quit. I have quite a few stretch marks, but I think they're mostly genetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh so exciting!!! We are pregnant too, just a week behind you! Our first doc appt is the 7th and I am so looking forward to it, although we won't get an ultrasound till the 17th. Its all so exciting! Hope you're feeling well and enjoying the ride so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Annie!!!
    I used 'Bio-Oil' for awhile, but I honestly think that getting stretch marks is kinda genetic....you'll either just get em or you won't. Unless you gain waaay over the 'recommended' weight gain, then you'll probably definitely get them. :/
    Just try to stay really hydrated, that def helps the skins elasticity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay congrats! I hear stretch marks are genetic, I haven't used anything and I'm 30 weeks along and still no stretch marks.

    I definitely missed the memo on shellfish, I had lots while at the beach a couple weeks ago...

    I agree with Angela, stay hydrated, it's amazing how much better it will make you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! So excited for you two :)) my second pregnancy made me very,very sleepy during the first trimester, weirdest thing but girl I enjoyed those naps! I've been using baby oil in the shower almost daily for 13 years (since being prego with my first) I swear by it! It helped prevent stretch marks and kept itching at bay while belly grew. I promise it will help you too! I used to order cucumber handrolls when I was craving sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Congratulations sweet girl!!!!!! Yay! This is so exciting! It will fly by. You are 9 weeks and I Have 9 weeks left, it will be such a wild and crazy and fun ride!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs