Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Momma's Fruity Shrimp

It's Spring Break! Which means I'm going to Vegas with my fiance and family tomorrow! Can't wait!

Until then, I am at my parents house hanging out, awaiting our 7am flight tomorrow morning. My mom has to work today so I volunteered to make dinner. Now, my mom is on the "17 Day Diet" right now (and has already dropped 15 lbs. Go Mom!) which means she can't eat pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, sweets... basically anything good. However, she can eat fruit. And shrimp. So, I made up this recipe for dinner. And it was so amazing. And simple!

Serve this healthy, light, refreshing fruity shrimp on rice (if you can have it..) It's also good on its own!

So, foodies, here is your dinner for tonight--or, if you're Catholic, something you can whip together during your lunch break on Friday (it'll be ready when you come home for dinner!). By cooking the fruit in the slow cooker for 5 hours, you create this sweet juice that the shrimp will absorb. Mmmm Mmmmm!

Anngredients:
  • 1 lb. tail less, deveined shrimp
  • 1 can pineapple rings
  • 2 strawberries (sliced)
  • 10 blueberries
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  1. Add soy sauce, water and juice from pineapple can to slow cooker.
  2. Add 10 blueberries, sliced strawberries and 4 pineapple rings to cooker.
  3. Cook on low for 5-7 hours.
  4. Add shrimp.
  5. Cook on low for one hour. Stir Occasionally.
  6. Serve over rice (my mom ate it over a bed of lettuce and loved it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs