Monday, March 19, 2012

Not Really A Recipe..

Okay, today's entry isn't so much a recipe as something delicious and healthy I discovered a couple years ago..

If you know me, you know that I have a HUGE sweet tooth. I love sugar. I will (and have) poured maple syrup all over breakfast foods and then added gummy bears.. or toffee bits.. or chocolate chips.. or all three! Gross, I know. This simple, easy to make "recipe" is sweet (it even satisfies my ridiculous sweet tooth), healthy and delicious! It's perfect for a dieter, kids, or notorious snackers.

So, what is this miracle food you may ask? Well, I'll tell you: frozen grapes.

I first discovered this tasty little candy-like-snack a few years ago when I was working at a performing arts ticketing office. One of the gals I worked with brought them in and offered all of us one--my friend and I ended up eating most of the bag (so good!) so she never offered to share again.. But I've been making them ever since!

Anngredients:
  • Seedless Grapes.
  1. Rinse the grapes well--make sure to let them strain for a couple of minutes to alloy excess water to drip off.
  2. Spread grapes apart on plate (you don't want them to touch.. if they touch, they will stick together).
  3. Set plate in freezer for one hour.
  4. Once grapes are frozen, add them to Ziploc bag. You can start munching on them now or save them for later!
Tip: If you want to replace a dessert with these, just add about a spoonful of Steiva or Splenda to the grapes. This makes them even sweeter without adding those pesky calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs