Monday, March 5, 2012

Protein(y) Linguine

I am one of those people who loves to eat plain, buttered noodles (I am also one of the cheapest people you will ever meet so that could be the reason why). The "bland" taste that everybody complains about with boring pasta just tastes good to me. Eating the noodles is always a little nostalgic for me (when my best friend and I lived together our sophomore year of college, we were dirt poor--we now look back and kid around about our old food staples of buttered noodles, frozen chicken nuggets and generic cereal) but this apparently isn't the case with everyone. My fiance is one of these people.. So, I had to invent a new pasta that satisfies both his taste buds and my wallet. Enter Protein(y) Linguine.

This is one of the simplest, most inexpensive meals I have come across--chances are you already have the ingredients in your cabinet and refrigerator.

Now, you may look at the ingredients list and think "Wow, this pasta seems like a little bit of a cluster f......." but trust me, it.is.good.

Anngredients:

  • 1 pound uncooked spaghetti.
  • 2 eggs.
  • 1 stick of butter or margarine.
  • 1 Tbsp. minced garlic.
  • 1/2 grated Parmesan cheese.
  1. Cook 1 pound pasta in boiling water. Once pasta is cooked, promptly strain. 
  2. Once water is strained,  immediately add two eggs, yolk and all (you want to make sure to add the eggs as soon as you strain the water--you don't want to let the noodles cool or else the egg won't cook). Stir egg into noodles for about 2 minutes. You will notice little bits of scrambled eggs on the pasta.
  3. Put stick of butter and garlic into bowl, microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir butter and garlic.
  4. Add garlic butter to the top of noodles, stir. 
  5. Add Parmesan cheese to top and stir in with noodles, eggs and butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs