Thursday, March 8, 2012

On a Scale From One to Ten, I Give These Nachos a "Big 12!"

That time of year that college basketball fans pine for is finally here.. yes, folks--it's almost time for March Madness. So, in honor of the upcoming tournament (and because KU plays this afternoon), I made my delicious game day nachos (or, as I usually refer to them, my "It's too bad I hate the NFL because these would be perfect to eat during a game" nachos). 

Enjoy! And if you are good a choosing teams for March Madness brackets, hit me up (I'm in a bracket pool with 6 guys and wouldn't mind winning the $30 prize..).

Anngredients: 
  • 1 bag tortilla chips.
  • 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
  • 1/2 can black beans (rinsed).
  • 2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar but you can use whatever kind you want).
  • 1 can Rotel. 
  • 1 package (1 oz.) taco seasoning mix.
  • 1/4 cup water.
  1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Cut up chicken into small, bite size pieces.
  3. Add chicken, Rotel (juice included), black beans, taco seasoning and water to skillet. Cook on medium high for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Stir continually. 
  4. Add half bag of chips to the bottom of 11 x 7 pan. Sprinkle one cup of cheese to top of chips.
  5. With spoon, evenly distribute half of the chicken, black bean, Rotel mix to the top of the chips and cheese.
  6. Add other half of chips to top of the pan. Add cheese, followed by the chicken, black bean, Rotel mix.
  7. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs