Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Scrumptious Fruit Pizza

Ah yes, spring is in the air--except here in Kansas, where the high winds are constantly blowing away any inkling of warm, sunshiny happiness... Nevertheless, my recipe today is my favorite warm weather dessert that I think you're going to love!

I actually came across this recipe two years ago when I was going home for Mother's Day and looking for a special dessert to make my mom. At the time, I had the mentality that I needed to lose 10 pounds, so I joined Spark People (I was 5' 6", 140 pounds--two years later, I am still the exact same so that should show you how dedicated I was...). Anyway, long story short, the most I got out of my time with the site was this delicious recipe for fruit pizza. 

It actually isn't the worst dessert in the world for your waistline, so feel free to eat two (or five) slices instead of just one.

Anngredients:
  • 1/2 package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough.
  • 8 oz. of fat free cream cheese.
  • 1/3 cup sugar.
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla.
  • Fruit of your choice (I chose raspberries and blueberries this time because they are in season but have used strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, mango, peaches, mandarin oranges and several other fruit varieties in the past).
  1. Spread sugar cookie dough over a 14-inch pizza pan. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool in the pan. 
  2. Let cookie dough cool for an hour.
  3. Blend the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla until completely mixed. Spread in a thin layer over the cooled crust. 
  4. Add fruit to top. 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love to make this... pretty close to this way also. Always a winner with the kids!

    Love for you to link this recipe (and a couple others if you'd like!) to Wonderful Food Wednesday at http://www.athometake2.com. Hope to see you there!

    Jessica @ At Home Take 2

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs