Monday, November 11, 2013

33 Week Bumpdate

I bought my first ever parenting book this week: Discipline That Lasts a Lifetime by Dr. Ray Guarendi (if you've never heard of Dr. Ray, I highly, highly encourage you to go check him out! He's a clinical psychiatrist and Catholic father of 10 who educates and enlightens parents with humor and helpful insight).

This is going to sound really silly but as I made my way through the first chapter, it fully dawned on me that I have been growing and nurturing a little human being inside of me for the last 7 1/2 months; a little boy who will one day grow to be a man and a contributing member of society. I guess I've just never fully grasped what it is we're doing and how incredible it really is.

Instead of going off on a long, emotional post about my thoughts on pregnancy and raising children, I'll just getcha to the bumpdate (and save my hormonal sob story for another day--you're welcome).
How far along: 32 weeks, 4 days

Total Weight Gain/Loss: According to the doctor's scale, 12 pounds (I was right!).

Maternity clothes: Still no--just loose fitting shirts, dresses, and stretchy pants.

Stretch marks: Notta one.

Sleep: Eck, sleep.. just a pleasant memory from the past.. The same thing happens literally night: I fall asleep easily, wake up to go to the bathroom and think to myself "oh wow, I feel so rested! I must have slept all night," only to find that it's 1:30am (same time, same thoughts every morning), realize I don't feel that rested at all, fall back asleep until my next bathroom trips at 3:30 and 5:30, and finally wake up at around 6:30-7 when the cat starts rubbing up against my face. Between bathroom trips, achy legs, and one fat cat, I don't get much sleep--I rely heavily on my post work naps.

Best moment last week: It was a very lovely week with several highlights! I had my moms group meeting on Monday night, attended a jewelry party with a few friends Tuesday evening, did a little Christmas shopping after work on Friday, went to breakfast with my brother on Saturday morning and then enjoyed dinner with friends on Saturday night--it was a fun and fulfilling week!

Movement: Yes and whenever he moves, I feel like I'm getting a little sneak peek at his personality. For example: he kicks and moves like crazy whenever he hears a Miley Cyrus song. No joke. He went crazy the first time I watched the "Wrecking Ball" music video and he kicked and squirmed away during last weeks SNL. He's either doing this because he can sense my pain or because he's telling me to make it stop. Or both.

He also expresses annoyance through kicks and jabs whenever somebody wakes him (much like his mamma; except I of course throw punches and call people names).

Food cravings/aversions: Anything with dairy (yogurt, milk, my chocolate Carnation drink).. oh, and blueberry pancakes!

Gender: Boy babe. 

Labor signs: Braxton Hicks.

Belly button - in or out? Basically the whole outside has popped out but the "button" itself is still in--it looks like some sort of one-eyed, alien monster out of an old horror movie.

What I miss: My memory. Pregnancy brain is a real thing, people!

What I am looking forward to: My dad turns the big 5-0 on Thursday and my parents will be out this weekend to celebrate!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're at 33 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiling your direction-- YES it is a big job and responsibility to raise a man not a boy. You and Brandon will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs