Tuesday, November 5, 2013

First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage..

..well, you know the rest (Jessica and Tyler--take note :D)!

Brandon and I had such a wonderful time on our little babymoon in Wichita last weekend! We have been talking about going somewhere since finding out we were pregnant but time was never on our side (we'd talked about maybe taking a train to Chicago for a couple of days but neither of us could take that much time off from work--we'll just have to go another time and take Baby Sand!) so we thought going out of town for our friends wedding was the perfect opportunity for a mini, pre-baby vacation.

Here's what we did!

I want to apologize to our Wichita friends/family for not getting in touch prior to our trip--we weren't sure how we'd be on time since we had somewhat of a set schedule but we're planning on coming back very soon to see you!!

Friday
  • Slept in a little bit, packed, and left town at around 11:30. 
  • Stopped at a Perkins in McPherson (speaking of which, where have all the Perkins gone?! That place is delicious and I don't see them around much anymore) and had lunch. 
  • Arrived in Wichita.
  • Went to the Warren Theater to see "Gravity" in 3D (very good movie--I cried through most of it because I'm a hormonal sap). 
  • Checked into our hotel that neighbored a Panera Bread, Chipotle, Walgreens, and hospital (in case I went into early labor which thankfully didn't happen).
  • Walked 500 feet from our hotel entrance to said Panera Bread for dinner.
  • Ate delicious salad and soup in our room while watching "Undercover Boss." 
  • Crashed.
Here I am looking very pregnant in the fanciest movie theater bathroom I have ever washed my hands in.
I snapped this picture of B while I chilled on the super comfortable leather recliner. We stayed at the Wesley Inn which isn't anything fancy, but the price was extremely reasonable (which is great for me because I'm extremely stingy) and it had very good reviews. It was very, very clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating--Brandon and I both highly recommend it!
Saturday
  • Stayed up most of the night tossing and turning.
  • Did a little Christmas shopping at the mall, Baby's R Us, Ross, and TJ Maxx.
  • Lunch at Chipotle. 
  • Nap!
  • Attended Tyler and Jessica's beautiful wedding and reception at the Beechcraft Activity Center. 
  • Visited with old college friends/professors. 
  • Partied until 8:30.
  • Headed back to the hotel to shower, put feet up, watch SNL, and sleep. 
All set for the wedding (I guess I could have closed the bathroom door.. oh well)!
Tyler's grooms cake (R2D2) was pretty epic--such a fun couple!
We sat and visited with my friends Dawna and Devin--you may remember their wedding from this post! Great catching up, you two!!
My handsome date.
Here I am with the stunning bride! We worked together on several occasions throughout college and I'm so glad we've kept in touch and have stayed friends--so happy for these two!
Yes, that would be my husband dancing with the groom.. 
The gorgeous centerpieces.
Sunday
  • Woke up at 6:30 and headed downstairs to get breakfast (they had blueberry doughnuts in their continental breakfast buffet--we will most definitely stay there again!). 
  • Left Wichita at around 9.
  • Met our friend Josh (who lives north of Wichita) for lunch.
  • Arrived home at 2:30 to a sassy cat, sleeping brother (who stayed all weekend with sassy cat), and comfortable bed. 


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So fun! Glad you're living it up in these last few weeks! Crazy how fast this has gone by! I can totally relate to the tossing and turning, I ended up on the couch last night for the first time, and luckily it was a good choice and I was able to sleep the rest of the night! Hey, can you email me your mailing address if its not too creepy for you? I have a little giftie for baby Sand, so he and Henryk can be twinsies 2000 miles apart. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs