Tuesday, November 26, 2013

10 Facts About Me

Guys, I have a confession..

..I didn't get out of bed yesterday.

I think I've finally hit some 3rd trimester wall because I am absolutely exhausted and hurt. Seriously, my body is one massive cramp right now; legs, feet, head, back, stomach.. you name it, it hurts. Okay, I'm finished complaining now..

My boss was nice enough to let me do some work from home so I got a bunch of pillows, propped my head and my legs up, grabbed my computer and a glass of choco drank (chocolate Nestle Carnation Breakfast Essentials), and cuddled with Bits while I worked on production notes. Now if only I could figure out a way to actually bring my bed to work with me..

Anyway, since I had a pretty uneventful day (nothing really to blog about), I decided to write up a little "10 Facts About Me" post. If you've been on Facebook at all over the last week and a half, you may have noticed people putting facts about themselves as their status--being the nosy person that I am (why do you think I went to school for journalism?!), I always enjoy reading these unbeknownst to me facts about friends and thought it'd be fun to share a few things with you that you may not know.
A post like this calls for a bunch of random pictures.. and what better one to start with?! Here is Baby Joey and me on his Baptism day, 1993.
.
..and here I am bossing him around directing his senior pictures, 2011.
1.) I hate Burger King. Like hate, hate, hate it. I'm not sure when this started (I would eat it growing up), but all of their food smells/tastes the same to me and it's not good. The last time I had anything from BK was over a year and a half ago when Brandon got a chicken sandwich and I took a small bite of it to see if maybe things had changed. Nope. No change. Still can't do it.
I don't eat a whole lot of fast food to begin with but others that I cannot do are Long John Silver's (anything off the menu), McDonalds cheeseburgers, or Taco Bell bean burritos.
My mad Photoshopping skills.. here I am vacationing with my teenage love, Drake Bell (who is standing in place of Joey) at our Nation's Capital, 2004.
2.) Anjoyabel.. now where did that come from? If you follow me on Twitter or Pinterest (or basically anywhere), you may have noticed that my screen name is "anjoyabel." Why? Well, my real name is actually Anabel (but I've gone by Annie my entire life) and my middle name is Joy; put the two together, and you get anjoyabel (which sounds like "enjoyable," which of course I am)!
An old school camera phone pic from my friend Megan's and my 16th birthday party, 2006.
3.) I have never had chickenpox and used to want to get them so badly (did anyone else watch "Arthur" growing up? He and his sister both got oatmeal baths, ice cream, back rubs, and days off from school when they had them)! In hindsight though, I'm glad my mom had us vaccinated for them.
Jen's Sweet 16 Tea Party at the Molly Brown Palace in Downtown Denver, 2005.
4.) This may come as a big surprise to most, but I'm actually not a cat person. I always grew up around big dogs (like Great Danes and Black Labs) and have always loved them--cats are just too independent and unpredictable for me. I didn't start really loving (all) cats until we adopted Bitsy last March. We had just moved into our duplex and wanted a pet so badly (we couldn't get a dog.. or cat for the matter so don't tell our landlord about Bits) that we went to the humane society and immediately fell in love with our Bits. She is my favorite thing in the whole world and I now think that all cats are pretty great. 
How can you not love a little face like this?!
5.) I was in 4-H all throughout junior high and high school and was terrible at it excelled in all of it! I did everything from still and video photography to all different kinds of cooking. My favorite story to tell from my 4-H days was when I did cake decorating--I was the only one in our county to do cake decorating (which took a little bit of pressure off of me) but still managed to place 3rd. That takes talent, people!
One of my many masterpieces, 2005.
6.) I have to sleep with a fan on--if I don't have that white noise, I don't sleep (or I wake up every 3 minutes). 
Mamma and me, 2008.
7.) Don't ask me what the Top 40 songs are right now because I couldn't tell you. When I'm not listening to Catholic radio or to the news, I listen to CDs (primarily 90s alternative.. and yes, I still use CDs!). So if you ever need to hear the lyrics to an Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, or Smashing Pumpkins song, hit me up!
3 generations with Patrick Swayze, 2005.
8.) Onions.. ugh, onions. I'm really not that picky of an eater (besides the whole BK thing) but I cannot do onions. I'm not sure what my problem is with them but that crunch just freaks me out.. just one of my "endearing" quirks, I guess. If you ever come over to eat at our house, I can guarantee you an onion free meal!
Turin: can we bring back these looks? 2005.
9.) Growing up, we didn't have cable so we watched a lot of Disney movies, old school Looney Tunes, black and white sitcoms, and classic films. At the time, I didn't think it was so hot (I was missing out on quality programming like "Rugrats") but looking back, I can really appreciate it.

My brother and I used to love going to Blockbuster with our parents on Friday nights to rent movies--our favorites were anything Marx Brothers (we actually own all of those movies now), Ma & Pa Kettle, W.C. Fields, Lucille Ball, and Doris Day (well, that was more me than my brother). To this day, these are my favorite movies to watch!
Kendra and Annie (circa 1993 and 2013)
10.) My first ever "real" job was as a cashier at an Alco store.. I was 16 and just had to have this $400 Jessica McClintock prom dress. My parents told me that it'd be fine for me to get it (yes!) but that I'd have to pay for it with my own money (what?!).. I worked my butt off and saved for that dress and was finally able to get it! I wore it an entire 4 hours in 2007 and it's been hanging in a closet at my parents house ever since. 

For my senior prom, I opted for a $40 dress off the clearance rack at David's Bridal. 
It was a very beautiful dress.. 2007
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I had chicken pox when I was 14 and I always wished I'd been able to be vaccinated. (it came out after I had it!) I don't understand the people who purposely expose their kids so they'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discover how 1,000's of people like YOU are working for a LIVING online and are fulfilling their dreams TODAY.

    Get daily ideas and guides for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.

    CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs