Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Tones' Big Weekend!*

*The Tones is a nickname for my dad (Tony) that I literally just made up while thinking up a title.

I'm happy to report that my dad's 50th birthday weekend was a huge success--it was very low key but we all had a wonderful time just being together! Here's a quick recap:

Saturday
  • Woke up when Brandon left for work and finished cleaning, baked muffins, and waited for my parents to arrive.
  • Went dryer shopping for my parents (and I'm happy to report they found one at Sears!).
  • Picked up Freddy's and took it back to my parents hotel room. 
  • Napped.
  • Woke up when my brother arrived and visited for awhile.
  • Picked up dad's DQ cake. 
  • Went back to house and waited for Brandon to get off work.
  • Met family at Golden Corral (the birthday boy's choice) for supper.
  • Ran home to grab ice cream cake and Scattergories.
  • Met parents back at hotel and sat around the pool eating cake, opening gifts, and playing Scattergories (my brother worked the graveyard shift the night before and had to work again that night so it was just Brandon, Dad, Mom, and me).
For the record, this is the only Christmas decoration that I have up so far.. but I'm hoping to change that this weekend!
Mink stole or Bitsy?
Have I ever mentioned that we're very Catholic?
Make a wish!

Opening gifts! My dad is a big coin collector so Brandon and I got him twenty of the (affordable) coins he didn't have and hid them in a bag of fun-sized candy bars; my mom gave him a beautiful gold watch with all of our names engraved on the inside.
Brandon made a comment about how he's never heard of people just sitting around a hotel pool before he met my family--that's just one of our family traditions that I love! We'll play cards, drink wine (not this time though), eat snacks, and visit.
Sunday
  • Attended mass.
  • {Brandon and I} Took parents out to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant (Joey was still sleeping so he didn't get to go :/). 
  • Helped load up new dryer.
  • Said our goodbyes.. 
  • Came home and napped (and woke up to large cat smothering me).
  • Wrapped gifts and watched the Broncos pummel the Chiefs. 
Wake up call.
Dad sent me this picture when he got home.. it's too bad that he keeps his love of chocolate a secret from everyone (the yard stick of chocolate, 1 lb. Snickers bar, chocolate tools, and giant bag of M&Ms were gifts from his surprise office party on Thursday and the fun sized candy bars are what we hid his coins in)!
Photobucket
 

1 comment:

  1. follow the steps given here to download, install and activate microsoft office 365 on your pc. Activate Microsoft Office using www.office.com/setup.
    office.com/setup
    office setup
    www.office.com/setup
    office.com/setup
    office setup

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs