Monday, November 18, 2013

34 Week Bumpdate

SIX MORE WEEKS?! How is that even possible?

I remember how excited I was when I entered the double digit weeks (weeks 10-14, you were no friend of mine) and now we're nearing the end! Crazy!!

Anyway, not a whole lot to report on this week. I have been pretty sore and crampy but I know it's all growing pains--this boy is gettin' BIG (I have been carrying really high though which I think is strange.. for a boy..). I can't wait to see his sweet little face in 3-6 weeks! 
Abby: I'm holding your dress hostage until our next double date night.. Yep, I played that card!
How far along: 33 weeks, 4 days

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Bathroom scalesays 8 but I'm going to say 14.

Maternity clothes: Still the usual (dresses, tights, large shirts, and yoga pants).

Stretch marks: Notta one.

Sleep: No.. no sleep. I'm up at different times throughout the night and then normally can't fall asleep for a good hour and a half after my 5am bathroom trip so I've designated that as my "reflecting" time--I pray, focus on the baby kicking and moving, wonder who the baby will look more like (blonde hair, blue eyed boys run in both Brandon's and my families so I have a bit of an idea), think of new ideas for work, brush up on my knowledge of the Catholic faith, etc. Once I'm able to fall back asleep, I'm usually out until Brandon gets up for work (anywhere from 7-8:30; depends on the day).

Best moment last week: We had such a wonderful time celebrating my dad's 50th--can't wait to share pictures and stories tomorrow!

Movement: Ooooooh yeah! I can tell he's definitely not breached, either--I get kicked in the ribs far too often for that. I had somebody ask me what it feels like when the baby moves and I have a really good comparison that I will share with you next week (after I find the .Gif of it)!

Food cravings/aversions: Carbs. Mmm, carbs. Mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese.. all so good! Brandon and I took my parents to our favorite Mexican place for lunch yesterday and I had the fish tacos which were pretty tasty, too. Mmm, fish tacos.. I just like food!

Gender: Boy babe. 

Labor signs: Braxton Hicks.

Belly button - in or out? If you would like a visual of what my half in/half out belly button and round stomach look like, check out this picture of the Cyclops from Jim Hensen's "The Odyssey."
Annie's stomach or Muppet? You decide.
Seriously though, my belly button does make my stomach look like a misunderstood, winking cyclops.

What I miss: My parents.. I wish they could have stayed longer but I'm excited to have them visit again in a couple of weeks (and then for Christmas)!

What I am looking forward to: My friend Turin's wedding in June! I'm so honored and excited to be one of her bridesmaids and I'm so looking forward to caravanning to St. Louis with my family and then going on to Branson to celebrate my parents 25th wedding anniversary!

Baby Sand's first road trip!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Looking great! That belly button comparison is too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs