Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Skinny Reese's Peanut Butter Bars

We're almost one month into 2015..

..how's your New Year's resolution coming?

Mine is going great! I resolved (as I do every year) to not even make a resolution and so far, it's going really well! But wait.. did I break my resolution to not make a resolution by resolving to not make one?

I digress.

Anyway, if you have a super sweet tooth like I do and resolved to eat better in 2015, you're in luck! Today I am sharing some super yummy Reese's like bars that are low in calories and high in flavor. Brandon found this recipe and I made a few simple tweaks to keep skinny.

Enjoy these simple no bake Skinny Reese's Peanut Butter Bars!

Anngredients:
  • 1 cup margarine (melted)
  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs 
  • 2 cups all-natural sugar substitute (like Whey Low, Truvia, or SweetLeaf)
  • 1 cup + 4 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter 
  • 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1) In a medium bowl, mix together the melted margarine, graham cracker crumbs, sugar substitute, and 1 cup natural peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.
2) In a metal bowl over simmering water, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the peanut butter layer.
3) Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.

My 2016 resolution is to make these more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs